* re: [c++] Missing strstream.h
@ 2004-03-25 11:29 Dan Kegel
From: Dan Kegel @ 2004-03-25 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:

> GCC (3.3.3) currently seems to miss strstream.h from the
> backward-compatibility include-directory. Only strstream is present,
> which old legacy code of course does not use. I think it should be
> added to make old code work without changes on g++ 3.3, and it is not
> even a big thing.

It's not too hard to make a set of compatibility .h files
yourself in your app's source tree, and tweak your Makefile slightly to let gcc find them,
I think.  That way your program will be more standards-compliant, too,
which will help you if you decide to compile it with some other
compiler after leaving gcc in frustration at how standards-compliant
it is :-)
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com

* [c++] Missing strstream.h
@ 2004-03-22 17:12 Tapio Kelloniemi
From: Tapio Kelloniemi @ 2004-03-22 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi

GCC (3.3.3) currently seems to miss strstream.h from the
backward-compatibility include-directory. Only strstream is present,
which old legacy code of course does not use. I think it should be
added to make old code work without changes on g++ 3.3, and it is not
even a big thing.

I'm sorry, but I'm not subscribed to this list, the load of messages
is too voluminous so I can only read replies also sent to my address.

--
Tapio