* About RTL
@ 2004-03-21 13:02 王  逸
From: 王  逸 @ 2004-03-21 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

Hi, I'm thinking of patching GCC so that the compiler may automatically insert some instructions in the final excutable objects.

I would like to do this at the RTL generation phase. But I've some questions:

1. I used "gcc -dr *.c" command to dump RTL code, but only got the RTL code for main function.
   (It begins with "; Main Function", so I guess it does not express the whole program.)
   How can I get the whole program's RTL representation?
2. I'm not familiar with GCC and RTL, how can I get some resources about them?
   (except GCC internals, I've already got one.)
3. Which files are related to RTL generation in the GCC source? I'd like to read some of them.

thx for reading!
                                                                                            Wang Yi
                                                                Graduate Student@ Dept. of C.S. NanJing Univ. P.R.C.

* About RTL
@ 2004-03-21 15:28 ` 王  逸
From: 王  逸 @ 2004-03-21 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

Hi, I'm thinking of patching GCC so that the compiler may automatically insert some instructions in the final excutable objects.

I would like to do this at the RTL generation phase. But I've some questions:

1. I used "gcc -dr *.c" command to dump RTL code, but only got the RTL code for main function.
   (It begins with "; Main Function", so I guess it does not express the whole program.)
   How can I get the whole program's RTL representation?
2. I'm not familiar with GCC and RTL, how can I get some resources about them?
   (except GCC internals, I've already got one.)
3. Which files are related to RTL generation in the GCC source? I'd like to read some of them.

thx for reading!
                                                                                            Wang Yi
                                                                Graduate Student@ Dept. of C.S. NanJing Univ. P.R.C.

* Re: About RTL
@ 2004-03-30  1:56 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2004-03-30  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 王 逸; +Cc: gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=GB2312, Size: 873 bytes --]

Íõ ÒÝ wrote:
> 1. I used "gcc -dr *.c" command to dump RTL code, but only got the RTL code for main function.
>    (It begins with "; Main Function", so I guess it does not express the whole program.)
>    How can I get the whole program's RTL representation?

-dr does dump the RTL for the entire module you are compiling.  There is
no RTL for libraries if that is what you are looking for.  If your
question is something else, then please give a testcase.

> 2. I'm not familiar with GCC and RTL, how can I get some resources about them?
>    (except GCC internals, I've already got one.)

We have only the sources and the documentation.

> 3. Which files are related to RTL generation in the GCC source? I'd like to read some of them.

See the section "RTL generation" in the gcc/doc/passes.texi file.

* about RTL
@ 2004-03-21 12:36 ` 王 逸
From: 王 逸 @ 2004-03-21 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 1045 bytes --]

[...]

Ãâ·ÑÏÂÔØ MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn

* about RTL
@ 2004-03-21 11:58 王 逸
From: 王 逸 @ 2004-03-21 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)