* gcc with a cpu contain multiple risc units sharing the same register file.
@ 2004-04-26 22:09 mike
From: mike @ 2004-04-26 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,
   I am porting gcc to a target cpu containing multiple risc units
   sharing the same register file.
   I have read the gcc DFA manual, but I still cannot figure out how the
   describe the pipeline.
   Can I use DFA to describe this target cpu?

   Thanks.

   Mike

* Re: gcc with a cpu contain multiple risc units sharing the same register file.
@ 2004-04-28  7:22 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2004-04-28  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike; +Cc: gcc

mike@csdn.sign.idv.tw wrote:
>    I am porting gcc to a target cpu containing multiple risc units
>    sharing the same register file.
>    Can I use DFA to describe this target cpu?

Yes.

 >    I have read the gcc DFA manual, but I still cannot figure out how the
 >    describe the pipeline.

Try looking at DFA descriptions that have been written for other
targets.  There are some simple ones that aren't too hard to understand,
and you can learn a bit more about how this stuff works by looking at
some of them.