* copyright assignment
@ 2004-05-03 14:15 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2004-05-03 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm told I need to sign a copyright assignment for a gcc patch
based on code I wrote.  The GCC project web page says to
request "the relevent forms" from gcc@gcc.gnu.org.

Please send me the relevent forms.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* Copyright assignment
@ 2021-03-30 13:48 George Liakopoulos
From: George Liakopoulos @ 2021-03-30 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear GCC Community ,

I am planning to contribute in Rust-GCC project (
https://github.com/Rust-GCC) , so I think it will be good to have the
copyright assignment from now on .

Waiting for your reply ,
George Liakopoulos

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2019-05-16 12:52 ilia.diachkov
From: ilia.diachkov @ 2019-05-16 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assign

Hello,

Our company "Optimizing Technologies" (optimitech.com) is planning to
contribute the GCC project with small and large changes in gcc code.
According to "Contributing to GCC" we are called to sign the copyright
assignment forms. Please send the form of an assignment for all future
changes.

Reading "Information for Maintainers of GNU Software" I have noticed
that "Contributors residing outside the USA, Germany or India must mail
the signed form to the FSF via postal mail". Our company resides in
Moscow, Russia. Please confirm that it's the actual requirement to print
the form, fill and send it to FSF by international postal service.

Best regards,
Ilia Diachkov.

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2018-02-05 21:01 Tim van Deurzen
From: Tim van Deurzen @ 2018-02-05 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I've written to this list previously to mention I'm working on
implementing p0515 (the spaceship operator) for C++. Although I'm still
far from finished I'd like to make sure that when I am, I will be able
to contribute my changes to GCC. Please tell me what I should do to take
care of the copyright assignment.

Thank you!

Tim.

* Copyright assignment
@ 2016-10-22 14:34 Dimitar Dimitrov
From: Dimitar Dimitrov @ 2016-10-22 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, gcc; +Cc: assign

Hello,

I would like to contribute GCC and Binutils ports for PRU [1].  I think "assigment for all future changes" is suitable  for me. Can I get the copyright assignment forms?

Regards,
Dimitar

[1] https://github.com/dinuxbg/gnupru

* Copyright assignment
@ 2013-02-08  9:00 Damian Rouson
From: Damian Rouson @ 2013-02-08  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assignments

I'm interested in contributing to the gfortran compiler.  Please send
me any forms or instructions I need to follow regarding copyright
assignment.

Damian Rouson
+1-510-600-2992 (mobile)

* Copyright assignment
@ 2012-03-29  0:08 David Stone
From: David Stone @ 2012-03-29  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I would like to get a form to assign all future contributions to the FSF.

* Re: copyright assignment
@ 2009-11-24 20:11 Grigori Fursin
From: Grigori Fursin @ 2009-11-24 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Paolo Bonzini', gcc
  Cc: Yuanjie Huang, Liang Peng, Joern Rennecke, David Edelsohn, Sebastian Pop

Hi Paolo,

Just saw your email.

Do you mind to send the forms to Yuanjie (huangyuanjie@ict.ac.cn)
and Liang (pengliang@ict.ac.cn) so that they could add their GSoC'09 developments
to the mainline with the help of Joern, please?!

I send an offline email to David and Sebastian but if you already know where
are the forms and how to use them, that would be great and can save us time!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Grigori

>On 11/22/2009 10:48 AM, John Nowak wrote:
>
>>    Hello. I would like to get the necessary forms for copyright assignment
>>    to GCC for future work on GNAT. I was told this is the way to kick off
>>    the process.
>

>I sent them offlist.
>
>Paolo

* copyright assignment
@ 2009-11-22  9:49 John Nowak
From: John Nowak @ 2009-11-22  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello. I would like to get the necessary forms for copyright
assignment to GCC for future work on GNAT. I was told this is the way
to kick off the process.

Thanks for the help.

- John Nowak

* copyright assignment
@ 2005-06-15 16:12 Rafael Espíndola
From: Rafael Espíndola @ 2005-06-15 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, assign

REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]
No

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]
I attend a public university (www.ic.unicamp.br) but they don't make
claims about student's work. My employer is willing to sign a
disclaimer.

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]
Brazil

[What year were you born?]
1982

[Please write your email address here.]
rafael.espindola@gmail.com

[Please write your postal address here.]
Rua Abel José Bonomi 156 ap 15.
Vila Santa Isabel
Postal Code: 13084-654
City:Campinas
State: São Paulo

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]
changed: treelang/treetree.c

Rafael Ávila de Espíndola

* copyright assignment
@ 2005-06-14 15:47 Rafael Espíndola
From: Rafael Espíndola @ 2005-06-14 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I am doing some work on a frontend for gcc. In the process I expect to
clean up treelang a little bit. Could you send me the relevant forms?
Thanks.

Rafael Ávila de Espíndola

* Copyright assignment
@ 2005-01-25 20:15 François-Xavier Coudert
From: François-Xavier Coudert @ 2005-01-25 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assignments

Hello,

I'm planning to contribute code (I began to write it already, in fact)
for the fortran part of gcc. As suggested by people on the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing-list and stated in
http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#legal, I send you this mail to obtain
the relevant forms of the copyright assignment.

Regards,
François-Xavier

--
François-Xavier Coudert <Francois-Xavier.Coudert@ens.fr>
Snail mail:

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2003-08-11 23:11 Pauli
From: Pauli @ 2003-08-11 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assignments, pauli

Hi,

I'd like to get a copy of the copyright assignment paperwork.

My relevant contact details are:

	Dr Paul Dale
	825 Stanley Street
	Woolloongabba
	Queensland 4102
	AUSTRALIA

	fax: +61 7 3891 3630

Thanks,

Pauli
---
Dr Paul Dale, Software Grunt, http://www.SnapGear.com
SnapGear - Custom Embedded Solutions and Security Appliances

* copyright assignment
@ 2002-11-13 17:22 Jens-Michael Hoffmann
From: Jens-Michael Hoffmann @ 2002-11-13 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: assignments

hi,

can you tell me where to obtain the copyright assignment papers?

Jens-Michael

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2002-09-17  0:17 Hartinger, Roland
From: Hartinger, Roland @ 2002-09-17  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'; +Cc: 'assignments@gnu.org'

Hi,

we are planning to contribute the GCC project with code and bug fixes found while using gcc on our platforms.

As written in your chapter "Contributing to GCC" we are called to sign the copyright assignment forms.
So, please send me that forms that I'm able to let check this by our legal department.

Best Regards,

Roland Hartinger
Product Development Manager
Application Development - C/C++ Compiler
Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Munich
Germany

Telephone:	+49 89 636 44081
Telefax:	+49 89 636 48716
Mobile:	+49 173 5227033
Email:	mailto: roland.hartinger@fujitsu-siemens.com
Internet:	<http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com>

* Copyright assignment
@ 2002-08-30  3:05 Ansgar Esztermann
From: Ansgar Esztermann @ 2002-08-30  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I have submitted a small patch and would like to continue to
contribute in the future. I gather I have to sign a copyright
assignment in order to do so. Could someone please tell me where
to get such a form?

Thank you!

Ansgar

--
Institut fuer theoretische Physik II    | Geb. 25.32.02
Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf | +49-211-8112059 (phone)

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2002-06-11  5:08 Valentin Rakush
From: Valentin Rakush @ 2002-06-11  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I am willing to start with gcc contribution but I am not sure what is the
first thing I have to do. The idea is to start with a simple projects but
need I sign the Copyright Assignment before updating the code? If so, how
could I get and submit the papers?

Thank you in advance,
Val Rakush.

* Copyright assignment
@ 2000-11-05  3:55 Laurynas Biveinis
From: Laurynas Biveinis @ 2000-11-05  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I was going to fill and send out one, but suddenly forms
disappeared from gcc.gnu.org. New instructions tell that
I should ask here for required forms. So can anybody point
me to them? I don't need employeer disclaimer, BTW.

Laurynas

* Copyright assignment
@ 2000-01-15  8:11 Timothy Bedding
From: Timothy Bedding @ 2000-01-15  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

David Young wrote:
> If you include any knowledge or patentable information derived while on your
> employer's job in your code then your employer may have rights to your code
> even if you typed the code at home on your own hardware.

Patentable information sounds very broad. It might cover almost anything
judging by the Amazon court case.

> If you sign that form and your employer claims damages then YOU will have to
> pay the cost of defending the FSF. Do you want that?

Good point. I would not want to pay for that.

* Copyright assignment
@ 2000-01-15  3:40 Timothy Bedding
From: Timothy Bedding @ 2000-01-15  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I have been working on an improved texi file for GCC.

Jeff has suggested I need a copyright assignment form
from my employer.

However, the copyright for code that I write using my
hardware and on my own time is mine under UK law. My employer is
not relevant therefore.

I would not want to put my name to anything that suggests
any computer company has any rights on my code.

Does this mean I do not need an assignment form?
Is there an appropriate assignment form which only I need
to sign?

Regards
Tim