* IBM Sponsoring Release Management
@ 2004-09-25  5:54 Mark Mitchell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2004-09-25  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

IBM's Linux Technology Center has been sponsoring my work as Release
Manager since January 1st, 2004 through a contract with CodeSourcery.

(The reason for the late announcement relates to delay in getting
official approval to acknowledge this relationship.  You can all imagine
how difficult it is to get CodeSourcery's legal people to let you do
anything!)

I am very grateful to IBM, the SC, and the wider community for
permitting me to be the RM, and for supporting me in that endeavor.

Thanks!

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: IBM Sponsoring Release Management
@ 2004-09-25  7:51 ` Kurt Wall
From: Kurt Wall @ 2004-09-25  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 03:34:49PM -0700, Mark Mitchell took 19 lines to write:
> IBM's Linux Technology Center has been sponsoring my work as Release
> Manager since January 1st, 2004 through a contract with CodeSourcery.
>
> (The reason for the late announcement relates to delay in getting
> official approval to acknowledge this relationship.  You can all imagine
> how difficult it is to get CodeSourcery's legal people to let you do
> anything!)
>
> I am very grateful to IBM, the SC, and the wider community for
> permitting me to be the RM, and for supporting me in that endeavor.

Kudos to IBM for supporting your work, to CodeSourcery for finally
deciding to acknowledge the relationship, and the SC for having the
wisdom to permit you to continue to be RM.

Thanks to you, naturally, for the work you do. It can't be the easiest
thing, herding a bunch of grumpy, opinionated cats. ;-)

Kurt
--
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
	-- Oscar Wilde

* Re: IBM Sponsoring Release Management
@ 2004-09-25 16:08 ` Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com>
From: Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> @ 2004-09-25 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

Mark Mitchell wrote:
> IBM's Linux Technology Center has been sponsoring my work as Release
> Manager since January 1st, 2004 through a contract with CodeSourcery.
>
> (The reason for the late announcement relates to delay in getting
> official approval to acknowledge this relationship.  You can all imagine
> how difficult it is to get CodeSourcery's legal people to let you do
> anything!)

Dripping sarcasm noted. :)

> I am very grateful to IBM, the SC, and the wider community for
> permitting me to be the RM, and for supporting me in that endeavor.

Thanks to IBM for sponsoring this important work that is critical
to the free software community.  GCC is a critical piece of
infrastructure.

> Thanks!

    Support Available             (256) 722-9985

* Re: IBM Sponsoring Release Management
@ 2004-09-25 19:41 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2004-09-25 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> IBM's Linux Technology Center has been sponsoring my work as Release
> Manager since January 1st, 2004 through a contract with CodeSourcery.
>
> (The reason for the late announcement relates to delay in getting
> official approval to acknowledge this relationship.  You can all imagine
> how difficult it is to get CodeSourcery's legal people to let you do
> anything!)

Ah, you mean we're now officially an IBM shill site (as defined in
http://humorix.org/articles/2004/09/game/) ?

Well, in that case, if IBM needs a well-trained meteorologist, I'm
available ...

:-) :-)

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290