* stale pooma src for testing gcc in 'POOMA build and test guide'?
@ 2004-10-01 17:01 Jon Grimm
From: Jon Grimm @ 2004-10-01 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

This question may be a little lite for this list.. but it seems relevant to the docs/testing of gcc.  If there's a better list to ask on, I'll move any discussion there.

Here goes anyway...

In the testing webpages, "POOMA build and test guide" at:
	http://gcc.gnu.org/testing/testing-pooma.html

,there is a version of pooma provided:
	ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/pooma-gcc.tar.gz

This version of pooma appears to be pooma-2.3.0.

However... is this version still relevant??  I ask, as the compile is (minimally) choking on gcc-3.4 and I see in the pooma code:

 #if (defined(__MWERKS__) && __MWERKS__ >= 0x2301) || __GLIBCPP__ >= 20001129
   typedef std::ios_base::fmtflags FmtFlags_t;
 #else
   typedef long FmtFlags_t;
 #endif

BUT... __GLIBCPP__ was renamed __GLIBCXX__ in 3.4.0 timeframe, so that version check won't work as expected.
The current downloadable pooma source (2.4.0) has similar code too, but ... CVS sources look to have moved to actually do a 'configure' check, so may work.

Does anyway do any testing of their own with pooma + gcc-3.4 to verify it doesn't compile (may be better to ask on pooma-dev)?

If validated, maybe the docs should stop referencing pooma, or have updated sources, or at least mention that the bundled source may only work for testing older (pre-3.4 gccs)?

--
Jon Grimm <jgrimm2@us.ibm.com>
Lotus Notes: Jon Grimm/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

* Re: stale pooma src for testing gcc in 'POOMA build and test guide'?
@ 2004-10-03  6:59 ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2004-10-03  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Grimm; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:43:25 -0500, Jon Grimm <jgrimm2@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Does anyway do any testing of their own with pooma + gcc-3.4 to verify it doesn't compile (may be better to ask on pooma-dev)?

I regularily check gcc 3.4 and mainline by compiling POOMA (CVS) and
running regression tests.

Richard.

* Re: stale pooma src for testing gcc in 'POOMA build and test guide'?
@ 2004-10-04 13:50   ` Jon Grimm
From: Jon Grimm @ 2004-10-04 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Guenther; +Cc: gcc

Richard Guenther wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:43:25 -0500, Jon Grimm <jgrimm2@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> I regularily check gcc 3.4 and mainline by compiling POOMA (CVS) and
> running regression tests.

OK.  I had a suspicion that CVS sources had these issues fixed.  Thank
you for confirming.   I'll use CVS sources rather than the one pointed
to by the gcc docs then.

-jon

* Re: stale pooma src for testing gcc in 'POOMA build and test guide'?
@ 2004-10-05 11:52     ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2004-10-05 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Jon Grimm <jgrimm2@us.ibm.com> writes:

> > I regularily check gcc 3.4 and mainline by compiling POOMA (CVS) and
> > running regression tests.
>
> OK.  I had a suspicion that CVS sources had these issues fixed.
> Thank you for confirming.  I'll use CVS sources rather than the one
> pointed to by the gcc docs then.

Perhaps the web page should be updated too?

Ben

* Re: stale pooma src for testing gcc in 'POOMA build and test guide'?
@ 2004-10-27 14:03       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2004-10-27 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Ben Elliston wrote:
>>> I regularily check gcc 3.4 and mainline by compiling POOMA (CVS) and
>>> running regression tests.
>> OK.  I had a suspicion that CVS sources had these issues fixed.
>> Thank you for confirming.  I'll use CVS sources rather than the one
>> pointed to by the gcc docs then.
> Perhaps the web page should be updated too?

Agreed.  Could I talk you into making this change?  ;-)

Gerald

* Re: stale pooma src for testing gcc in 'POOMA build and test guide'?
@ 2004-10-27 14:06         ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2004-10-27 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Ben Elliston, gcc

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:01:09 +0200 (CEST), Gerald Pfeifer
<gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
> >> OK.  I had a suspicion that CVS sources had these issues fixed.
> >> Thank you for confirming.  I'll use CVS sources rather than the one
> >> pointed to by the gcc docs then.
> > Perhaps the web page should be updated too?
>
> Agreed.  Could I talk you into making this change?  ;-)

Note that the pooma CVS is about to be moved to a different hosting
place, so you may wait until this happened, or even wait for me to
provide a patch to the web page to reflect the changes in POOMA
development.

Thanks,
Richard.

* Re: stale pooma src for testing gcc in 'POOMA build and test guide'?
@ 2004-10-27 15:22           ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2004-10-27 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Guenther; +Cc: Ben Elliston, gcc

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Richard Guenther wrote:
> Note that the pooma CVS is about to be moved to a different hosting
> place, so you may wait until this happened, or even wait for me to
> provide a patch to the web page to reflect the changes in POOMA
> development.

Please consider any of these pre-approved. ;-)

Thanks,
Gerald