* What happen if... (related GPL & src)
@ 2004-12-01  3:20 hgbasm
From: hgbasm @ 2004-12-01  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I have a question.

I will read or desire to read the source code of gcc, but if I for
example make some anotations or some work based in my notes, or I get a
idea of how to implement X thing,  or I think that certain idea is nice,
and then I make my own compiler this compiler should need by under GPL?

 From http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

[quote]*6.* Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on
the Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the
original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to
these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions
on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not
responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to this
License.[/quote]

Altought I consider a little opaque the concept of the "programm" in
that licence, but anyway, I like that you answer first this question.

Hope you can help me out.

* Re: What happen if... (related GPL & src)
@ 2004-12-01 21:09 hgbasm
From: hgbasm @ 2004-12-01 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

In gnu.misc.discuss you can follow up, I have moved there.

If whant clarification with my unproper english you can send me a email
if you whant, no problem with that.

Have a nie day or night.