* About #sccs
@ 2004-12-06  8:39 Luca Benini
From: Luca Benini @ 2004-12-06  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi all,

I found in (cpp.info.gz) this

[cpp info]
The `#sccs' directive is recognized, because it appears in the
header files of some systems.  It is a very old, obscure, extension
which we did not invent, and we have been unable to find any
documentation of what it should do, so GCC simply ignores it.

[Sun  FORTRAN 77 4.0 User Guide)
Some developers put one or more SCCS ID keywords into each file, but
that is optional. These keywords are later identified with a version
number each time the files are checked in with an SCCS get or delget
command. There are three likely places to put these strings:[...]

I believe i've resolved the Obscure, the Arcane mister of #sccs ... ;-)

Luca

--
But how can I implement unimaginable chaos in my compiler?
				-Geerhardt Goos-