* new contribution: GSA converter
@ 2004-11-30 16:23 Manuel Arenaz
From: Manuel Arenaz @ 2004-11-30 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I have been working for years on topics related to optimizing
and parallelizing compilers. In particular, I have developed
a technique that allows a compiler to recognize frequently
used programming constructs automatically [ICS'03].
I have an experimental implementation of this technique
using the infrastructure provided by  an academical compiler
called Polaris.

Now I am beginning to work on porting my experimental code into GCC
so that I can analyze codes written in fortran, C, C++,...
The first step of this port is the implementation of a translator
of the gneric/gimple intermediate representation into
the Gated Single Assignment form.
I have searched the GCC website and I have not found any project
related to the contructrion of the GSA form.

Please confirm that there is not any one working on this
topic and let me know how can I create this new project.

Cheers,

    Manuel Arenaz

Bibligraphy:

[ICS'03] M. Arenaz, J. Touriño, R. Doallo. "A GSA-based
              compiler infrastructure to extract parallelism
              from complex loops". In 17th ACM Int´l Conference
              on Supercomputing, ICS'03. San Francisco, CA,
              193-204.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/enriched, Size: 1299 bytes --]

[...]

<x-tad-bigger>[ICS'03] M. Arenaz, J. Touriño, R. Doallo. "A GSA-based

             compiler infrastructure to extract parallelism

             from complex loops". In 17th ACM Int´l Conference

             on Supercomputing, ICS'03. San Francisco, CA,

             193-204.

</x-tad-bigger>

* Re: new contribution: GSA converter
@ 2004-11-30 20:57 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2004-11-30 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Arenaz; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 16:12 +0100, Manuel Arenaz wrote:

> Please confirm that there is not any one working on this
> topic and let me know how can I create this new project.

No work is being done on GSA as far as I know.  Your approach to the
project depends on whether you will be donating the work and copyright
to the FSF or not.

If you are willing to donate your work to the FSF, then you need to fill
in copyright assignment papers with the FSF.  Otherwise, you can take
any GCC snapshot and work on it.

We'll be able to accept your contributions after you've filed the
copyright papers (which I can forward to you, if you are interested).

Cheers.  Diego.

* Re: new contribution: GSA converter
@ 2004-11-30 21:21   ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2004-11-30 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: Manuel Arenaz, gcc

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:17 -0500, Diego Novillo wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 16:12 +0100, Manuel Arenaz wrote:
>
> > Please confirm that there is not any one working on this
> > topic and let me know how can I create this new project.
> >
> No work is being done on GSA as far as I know.  Your approach to the
> project depends on whether you will be donating the work and copyright
> to the FSF or not.
>
> If you are willing to donate your work to the FSF, then you need to fill
> in copyright assignment papers with the FSF.  Otherwise, you can take
> any GCC snapshot and work on it.
>
> We'll be able to accept your contributions after you've filed the
> copyright papers (which I can forward to you, if you are interested).

We are also more than appy to help answer any questions about the
existing SSA stuff, etc that you may have.