* Your rtti.c changes broke some obj-c++ tests
@ 2005-06-17 23:44 Giovanni Bajo
From: Giovanni Bajo @ 2005-06-17 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Sidwell; +Cc: Mike Stump, gcc

Nathan,

I see some failures in the testsuite which appear to be related by your recent
changes to rtti.c (VECification). For instance:

FAIL: obj-c++.dg/basic.mm (test for excess errors)
Excess errors:/home/rasky/gcc/mainline/gcc/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/exception:55:
internal compiler error: vector VEC(tinfo_s,base) index domain error, in
get_tinfo_decl at cp/rtti.c:373

Would you please check and possibly fix this?

Thanks,
Giovanni Bajo

* Re: Your rtti.c changes broke some obj-c++ tests
@ 2005-06-18 13:10 ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2005-06-18 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Bajo; +Cc: Mike Stump, gcc

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> I see some failures in the testsuite which appear to be related by your recent
> changes to rtti.c (VECification). For instance:
>
> FAIL: obj-c++.dg/basic.mm (test for excess errors)
> Excess errors:/home/rasky/gcc/mainline/gcc/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/exception:55:
> internal compiler error: vector VEC(tinfo_s,base) index domain error, in
> get_tinfo_decl at cp/rtti.c:373
>
> Would you please check and possibly fix this?

looking at it.

nathan

* Re: Your rtti.c changes broke some obj-c++ tests
@ 2005-06-18 13:23 ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2005-06-18 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Bajo; +Cc: Mike Stump, gcc

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> I see some failures in the testsuite which appear to be related by your recent
> changes to rtti.c (VECification). For instance:
>
> FAIL: obj-c++.dg/basic.mm (test for excess errors)
> Excess errors:/home/rasky/gcc/mainline/gcc/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/exception:55:
> internal compiler error: vector VEC(tinfo_s,base) index domain error, in
> get_tinfo_decl at cp/rtti.c:373
>
> Would you please check and possibly fix this?

for some reason cc1objplus is not walking the gty roots in rtti.c.  I cannot
figure out what configurey thing makes that happen.  I've tried to grep for how
cp/decl2.c does it, but to no avail.

anyone with any gty-fu?

nathan