* HEADS-UP: tree-optimize.c and passes.c heavily modified
@ 2005-07-05 16:18 Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2005-07-05 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo, Jan Hubicka, GCC Development

The patch I am committing that makes the RTL passes be sequenced with
the pass manager, will also move init_tree_optimization_passes to
passes.c from tree-optimize.c.  It is advisable that, before doing the
next merge to mainline on a tree that touches tree-optimize.c, you do
a diff between your tree-optimize.c and version 2.117, to guide you later.

I do not know of branches except new-ra that are working heavily on RTL
passes, where the problem could be code moved from passes.c to the
various RTL passes files.  Just in case, the patch was committed on top
of version 2.96.

Other conflicts could be caused by added include files or by adding code
to the bottom of the files implementing the RTL passes.  These are not
as bad.

I am CCing Diego and Jan as maintainers of GOMP (right?) branch and
tree-profiling-branch.  If you have problems, drop me a note.

Paolo

* Re: HEADS-UP: tree-optimize.c and passes.c heavily modified
@ 2005-07-11 19:03 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2005-07-11 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: Jan Hubicka, GCC Development

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 06:17:46PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Other conflicts could be caused by added include files or by adding code
> to the bottom of the files implementing the RTL passes.  These are not
> as bad.

No conflicts in gomp, but I think your patch may have introduced this:

a.c.t00.tu
a.c.t02.original
a.c.t03.gimple
a.c.t06.vcg