* Help on -Wl option
@ 2005-07-22 11:22 steven.gay
From: steven.gay @ 2005-07-22 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello

My compilation exited with the message :

Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION ON THIS OPTION ?!!!

I could find anything on gcc or ld or -Wl related pages.

Thanks

PS : Sorry for shouting I can't believe it's so difficult to find
information on this option.

Dr. Gay Steven
Centrale de Compensation
Coordination Informatique et organisation (CIO)
CH-1211 Geneva 2 - Switzerland
Tel : +41 22 795 97 30
Fax: +41 22 795 92 90
steven.gay@zas.admin.ch

* Re: Help on -Wl option
@ 2005-07-22 11:25 ` Karel Gardas
From: Karel Gardas @ 2005-07-22 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steven.gay; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, steven.gay@zas.admin.ch wrote:

> Hello
>
> My compilation exited with the message :
>
> Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
>

> WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION ON THIS OPTION ?!!!
>
> I could find anything on gcc or ld or -Wl related pages.
>

> Thanks
>
> PS : Sorry for shouting I can't believe it's so difficult to find
> information on this option.

info gcc
info ld

Is this so difficult? Cheers,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  kgardas@objectsecurity.com

* Re: Help on -Wl option
@ 2005-07-22 11:54 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2005-07-22 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gcc

steven.gay@zas.admin.ch wrote:

> My compilation exited with the message :
>
> Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
>
> WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION ON THIS OPTION ?!!!
>
> I could find anything on gcc or ld or -Wl related pages.

Did you even try looking in the ld manual?

<http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.16/ld/Options.html#index-_002d_002denable_002dauto_002dimport-270>
<http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.16/ld/WIN32.html#index-automatic-data-imports-525>

Brian