* GCC 4.3.3 Configure and Build for DDRescue
@ 2009-12-08 20:34 Tim Murdoch
From: Tim Murdoch @ 2009-12-08 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I'll begin by stating my knowledge of Unix is almost non-existent.
Using the basic skills that I learned many years ago, I'm currently
trying to rescue a near dead hard drive with DDRescue.  First, I need
to install a C++ compiler, which I have downloaded (v4.3.3) and
unzipped to my Mac.  I've read through the instructions to configure
and build, but am unable to decipher what I need.  Is there a command
that will perform a very basic configure and build of GCC 4.3.3?

Thanks much.

* Re: GCC 4.3.3 Configure and Build for DDRescue
@ 2009-12-08 20:58 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2009-12-08 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Murdoch; +Cc: gcc

2009/12/8 Tim Murdoch:

> I'll begin by stating my knowledge of Unix is almost non-existent.
> Using the basic skills that I learned many years ago, I'm currently
> trying to rescue a near dead hard drive with DDRescue.  First, I need
> to install a C++ compiler, which I have downloaded (v4.3.3) and
> unzipped to my Mac.  I've read through the instructions to configure
> and build, but am unable to decipher what I need.  Is there a command
> that will perform a very basic configure and build of GCC 4.3.3?

This list is for discussing development of gcc, please ask questions
like this on gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org

You can probably download a prebuilt compiler for Mac.