* question about gcc
@ 2005-11-17 23:05 Paul Albrecht
From: Paul Albrecht @ 2005-11-17 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Is there some reason gcc hasn't been or can't be enhanced to provide output for a cross-referencing
programs?

Paul Albrecht

* question about GCC
@ 2010-06-02 22:15 manal habib
From: manal habib @ 2010-06-02 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I am new into the field of coding, and I am wandering if I can get
some help on how to use the GCC? I have a mac version 10.5.8.   Should
I just copy one of the image folders to make computer?  how can use
it?

Thank you very much
Manal Habib

* Re: question about gcc
@ 2002-10-24  3:53 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-10-24  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apinski, jbuck; +Cc: gcc, kwall

> Sure it is. "Traduct" means to translate or to transfer.
>
> $ dict -d web1913 traduct
> 2 definitions found
>
>> From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:
>
>   Traduct \Tra*duct"\, v. t. [L. traducere, traductum. See
>      Traduce.]
>      To derive or deduce; also, to transmit; to transfer. [Obs.]
>      --Fotherby.

I can't believe it someone actually bothers to send this message.
A "Webster's" revised dictionary from 1913 that labels the word
as obsolete is a pretty pathetic source!

If you bother to look this up in a decent source (OED II volume XVIII, I
just lugged the 1000 page volume from the library :-), you will find that
the last recorded use of this word is in 1659.

Shall we write the OED and tell them they should renovate this word and
create a quote for 2002 from the gcc@gnu.org list :-)

* question about gcc
@ 2002-10-23 10:02 marc.poulhies
From: marc.poulhies @ 2002-10-23 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
I'm sorry if this question should not be asked to this email, but i tried to
read some doc but don'r really know which one i should use. I tried the gcc
manual and took a look at the "further readings" page, but i didnt found what i
was looking for... Here's my question:
I'm a student in computer sciences and i'm learning how compilers work. This
morning a student told that gcc, in fact, always traducts other languages to C,
as it was first designed for C and so can handle it very well.
I was suprised, but before telling him waht i thought, i wanted to have
something to show him (in the case he's wrong).
My readings gave me an answer about c++, but what about other languages?

Thanks ;)

Marc

PS: if this is really not the good email to ask, can you tell me where i can ask
this?

* Question about gcc
@ 2001-02-23  9:30 Pascal Francq
From: Pascal Francq @ 2001-02-23  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Mailling List

I have just compile and install gcc 2.95.2. When I run the configure script
of an application I want to compile, the script sys that he can guess the
hsot type. I remember that I have to create a link to gcc with a given name,
but I don't remember the name of this link.
Thanks in advance.
--

Ir Pascal Francq
Researcher

* Question about GCC
@ 1999-08-03 11:00 Vlasios Tsiatsis
From: Vlasios Tsiatsis @ 1999-08-03 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I hava a laptop with Windows95 an it and no C language on it.
I was thinking of building GCC on this machine but I don't know
if there is a distribution of GCC for Windows or DOS .

If there is where can I find it ?

thank you very much,
Vlasios Tsiatsis