Hi! I was wondering if we can have a warning similar to -Wmissing-field-initializers but for arrays. Here's some example of what kind of code would benefit from this warning: // foo.c char *foo[5] = { "foo", "bar", "baz" // oops, accidentally the size doesn't match the actual number of fields }; // foo.h extern char *foo[5]; Users should be able to trust that each field will be a valid string, but we have no way to make sure that the array is initialized with strings. If the initialization is done through designated initializers [...]=..., or {0}, it wouldn't warn, as with structs. I couldn't find an open ticket in bugzilla regarding this. If you want, I could open one. Does it make sense to you? Cheers, Alex -- GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5