* Events output fail in libjava
@ 2007-11-20 19:16 Revital1 Eres
From: Revital1 Eres @ 2007-11-20 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I am testing some patch on r130269, running on ppc64-linux and I get
the following events output fail in libjava with the new patch applied
(the fail does not appear in the vanilla version).  The error does not
seem to be related to the patch I am testing, but to make sure I am not
mistaken, I appreciate another opinion regarding this.  btw - I saw this
fail on different patches after testing them and compare the result to
the vanilla version.

This is the diff of the libjava.log files of the gcc version w and w\o
the patch:
 created JVMTI environment #1
 created JVMTI environment #2
 setting callbacks for envs
-RequestedEvents:
+RequestedEvents: VMInit,
 enable VM_INIT for env0, env1, env2
-PASS: events output
+FAIL: events output

Thanks,
Revital

* Re: Events output fail in libjava
@ 2007-11-20 22:05 ` David Daney
From: David Daney @ 2007-11-20 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Revital1 Eres; +Cc: gcc

Revital1 Eres wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am testing some patch on r130269, running on ppc64-linux and I get
> the following events output fail in libjava with the new patch applied
> (the fail does not appear in the vanilla version).  The error does not
> seem to be related to the patch I am testing, but to make sure I am not
> mistaken, I appreciate another opinion regarding this.  btw - I saw this
> fail on different patches after testing them and compare the result to
> the vanilla version.
>
> This is the diff of the libjava.log files of the gcc version w and w\o
> the patch:
>  created JVMTI environment #1
>  created JVMTI environment #2
>  setting callbacks for envs
> -RequestedEvents:
> +RequestedEvents: VMInit,
>  enable VM_INIT for env0, env1, env2
> -PASS: events output
> +FAIL: events output

It is expected that 'events output' will FAIL on a multi-lib system when
testing against a non-default ABI.  See:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-11/msg00952.html

If this is not the case, then you may have a problem.

David Daney