* Ada ACATS Failures on SVN Trunk
@ 2007-12-14 19:01 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2007-12-14 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC List

Hi,

Even with the large gnat1 compile time issue, I
have managed to patiently run the ACATS on
powerpc-rtems.  This configuration worked
well with gcc 4.2.2 (3 failures).  I am seeing
lot of failures (total of 691) and they do not
appear to be RTEMS related.

Here is a sample.  Do any of these look like
know problems? Does anyone see them on other
platforms?

,.,. C34003C ACATS 2.5 88-01-01 00:00:00
---- C34003C CHECK THAT ALL VALUES OF THE PARENT (BASE) TYPE ARE PRESENT
                FOR THE DERIVED (BASE) TYPE WHEN THE DERIVED TYPE
                DEFINITION IS CONSTRAINED.  ALSO CHECK THAT ANY
                CONSTRAINT IMPOSED ON THE PARENT SUBTYPE IS ALSO IMPOSED
                ON THE DERIVED SUBTYPE.  CHECK FOR DERIVED FLOATING
                POINT TYPES.

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : c34003c.adb:104 range check failed

,.,. CXG2013 ACATS 2.5 88-01-01 00:00:00
---- CXG2013 Check the accuracy of the TAN and COT functions.

raised ADA.NUMERICS.ARGUMENT_ERROR : a-ngelfu.adb:969 instantiated at
cxg2013.adb:100 instantiated at cxg2013.adb:337

,.,. CXF3A03 ACATS 2.5 88-01-01 00:00:00
---- CXF3A03 Check that function Length returns the number of characters
                in the edited output string produced by function Image,
                for a particular decimal type, currency string, and
                radix mark.  Check that function Valid returns correct
                results based on the particular decimal value, and the
                Picture and Currency string parameters.

raised ADA.IO_EXCEPTIONS.LAYOUT_ERROR : a-teioed.adb:300

 ,.,. CXF2001 ACATS 2.5 88-01-01 00:00:00
---- CXF2001 Check that the Divide procedure provides correct results.
                Check that the Remainder is calculated exactly.

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : a-decima.adb:59 divide by zero

Thanks.

--joel

* Re: Ada ACATS Failures on SVN Trunk
@ 2007-12-14 19:41 ` Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2007-12-14 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill; +Cc: GCC List

ACATS is clean (0 FAIL) on trunk for x86. CXF3A03 is the
only FAIL for hppa-linux. c41328a is the only FAIL for powerpc64-linux.
cxb3014/16 are the only FAIL on ia64-linux.

You'll quickly find up to date ACATS results here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-12/

Laurent

@ 2007-12-14 20:13   ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2007-12-14 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent GUERBY; +Cc: GCC List

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> ACATS is clean (0 FAIL) on trunk for x86. CXF3A03 is the
> only FAIL for hppa-linux. c41328a is the only FAIL for powerpc64-linux.
> cxb3014/16 are the only FAIL on ia64-linux.
>
> You'll quickly find up to date ACATS results here:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-12/

Thanks Laurent.  Those look much better than what I
am getting.

Could this be related to PR34400?

--joel

@ 2007-12-14 20:45     ` Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2007-12-14 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill; +Cc: GCC List

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 13:41 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> > ACATS is clean (0 FAIL) on trunk for x86. CXF3A03 is the
> > only FAIL for hppa-linux. c41328a is the only FAIL for powerpc64-linux.
> > cxb3014/16 are the only FAIL on ia64-linux.
> >
> > You'll quickly find up to date ACATS results here:
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-12/
> >

> Thanks Laurent.  Those look much better than what I
> am getting.
>
> Could this be related to PR34400?

34400 is about slow compile but not about wrong code so I doubt it's the
issue. Could you send me privately the compressed log of the ACATS run?

How are the other language part of the GCC testsuite doing on the
target?

Laurent

PS: I'll be travelling and be mostly offline this week-end.

* Re: Ada ACATS Failures on SVN Trunk
@ 2007-12-14 21:22       ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2007-12-14 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: laurent; +Cc: GCC List

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 13:41 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Laurent GUERBY wrote:
>>
>>> ACATS is clean (0 FAIL) on trunk for x86. CXF3A03 is the
>>> only FAIL for hppa-linux. c41328a is the only FAIL for powerpc64-linux.
>>> cxb3014/16 are the only FAIL on ia64-linux.
>>>
>>> You'll quickly find up to date ACATS results here:
>>>
>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-12/
>>>

>> Thanks Laurent.  Those look much better than what I
>> am getting.
>>
>> Could this be related to PR34400?
>>

> 34400 is about slow compile but not about wrong code so I doubt it's the
> issue. Could you send me privately the compressed log of the ACATS run?

Sure.
> How are the other language part of the GCC testsuite doing on the
> target?

We have never figured out how to run them linking
with RTEMS. :(  The last time I tried passing the extra
arguments resulted in the gcc driver core dumping.
It is on my long term wish list.

RTEMS itself was compiled with it and I don't see any
of our tests failing.  Doesn't prove perfection but not
grossly broken.
> Laurent
>
> PS: I'll be travelling and be mostly offline this week-end.

Be safe.

@ 2007-12-14 21:36         ` Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2007-12-14 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill; +Cc: GCC List

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 14:45 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > 34400 is about slow compile but not about wrong code so I doubt it's the
> > issue. Could you send me privately the compressed log of the ACATS run?

> Sure.

From the log it looks like the reason for most test FAIL is
because an expected exception raised in the test is not catched as it
should by a local test exception handler and just propagates to the main
handler which terminates execution. So what looks broken to me is
exception propagation, that would explain good success in RTEMS/C
testsuite which I assume is exception-free.

Could you compile and run the following small program on your target:

with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
procedure P is
begin
   begin
      raise Constraint_Error;
   exception
      when others =>
         Put_Line ("catch1");
   end;
exception
   when others =>
      Put_Line ("catch2");
end P;

It should just print "catch1": if not we have a reduced testcase for the
problem (open a bugzilla), otherwise ping me privately I'll send you
small variations of this code until we get it.

Laurent

* Re: Ada ACATS Failures on SVN Trunk
@ 2007-12-14 22:24           ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2007-12-14 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: laurent; +Cc: GCC List

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 14:45 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>>> 34400 is about slow compile but not about wrong code so I doubt it's the
>>> issue. Could you send me privately the compressed log of the ACATS run?
>>>

>> Sure.
>>

>> >From the log it looks like the reason for most test FAIL is
>>
> because an expected exception raised in the test is not catched as it
> should by a local test exception handler and just propagates to the main
> handler which terminates execution. So what looks broken to me is
> exception propagation, that would explain good success in RTEMS/C
> testsuite which I assume is exception-free.
>
> Could you compile and run the following small program on your target:
>
> with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
> procedure P is
> begin
>    begin
>       raise Constraint_Error;
>    exception
>       when others =>
>          Put_Line ("catch1");
>    end;
> exception
>    when others =>
>       Put_Line ("catch2");
> end P;
>
> It should just print "catch1": if not we have a reduced testcase for the
> problem (open a bugzilla), otherwise ping me privately I'll send you
> small variations of this code until we get it.

psim-4.9 p.exe

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : p.adb:5 explicit raise

Looks like the reduced test case.

Wow!  You are quick.  :)

PR filed and you are cc'ed on it.  I will verify this worked OK
on 4.2.2 but I appear to have removed that to get some disk
space back.

--joel