* GNAT build failure on cross
@ 2008-07-31 19:09 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2008-07-31 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC List

Hi,

I seem to have bumped into something.  I threw away
my svn trunk checkout and did another just in case.
There are no Ada multilib patches in this tree.

I have checked and am pretty sure I have no changes
to anything that is not an RTEMS run-time related file.

I can build a native compiler but when using that
to build a cross rtems compiler, I get this:

make.adb:662:32: expected type "Gnat.Strings.String_Access" defined at
g-string.ads:41
make.adb:662:32: found type "System.Strings.String_Access"
make.adb:663:32: expected type "Gnat.Strings.String_Access" defined at
g-string.ads:41
make.adb:663:32: found type "System.Strings.String_Access"
make.adb:664:32: expected type "Gnat.Strings.String_Access" defined at
g-string.ads:41
make.adb:664:32: found type "System.Strings.String_Access"
make.adb:689:39: "Get_Target_Object_Suffix" is not visible
make.adb:689:39: non-visible declaration at s-os_lib.ads:556
make.adb:1700:19: no candidate interpretations match the actuals:
make.adb:1700:19: too many arguments in call to
"Normalize_Compiler_Switches"
make.adb:1702:22: expected type "System.Strings.String_List_Access"
make.adb:1702:22: found type "Gnat.Strings.String_List_Access" defined
at g-string.ads:51
make.adb:1702:22:   ==> in call to "Normalize_Compiler_Switches" at
switch-m.ads:45
make.adb:4460:36: expected type "System.Os_Lib.File_Descriptor"
make.adb:4460:36: found type "Gnat.Os_Lib.File_Descriptor" defined at
g-os_lib.ads:160
make.adb:6605:13: expected type "System.Os_Lib.File_Descriptor"
make.adb:6605:13: found type "Gnat.Os_Lib.File_Descriptor" defined at
g-os_lib.ads:160

Any suggestions?

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985

* Re: GNAT build failure on cross
@ 2008-08-01  7:08 ` Arnaud Charlet
From: Arnaud Charlet @ 2008-08-01  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill; +Cc: GCC List

> Any suggestions?

I would double check that you are indeed using the freshly built
corresponding native. Maybe your native installation didn't work as
expected and your building from an older compiler. That's the
most likely explanation.

Alternatively, there have been changes recently in the libada and ada
Makefiles by Paolo Bonzini that might be related.

Arno

* Re: GNAT build failure on cross
@ 2008-08-01  8:22   ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2008-08-01  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnaud Charlet; +Cc: Joel Sherrill, GCC List

Arnaud Charlet wrote:
>> Any suggestions?
>
> I would double check that you are indeed using the freshly built
> corresponding native. Maybe your native installation didn't work as
> expected and your building from an older compiler. That's the
> most likely explanation.
>
> Alternatively, there have been changes recently in the libada and ada
> Makefiles by Paolo Bonzini that might be related.

I agree with Arnaud that the most likely explanation is
not-recent-enough native tools.  But you can try reverting to r138299 to
see if my patches are at fault.

Paolo

* Re: GNAT build failure on cross
@ 2008-08-01 14:05     ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2008-08-01 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: Arnaud Charlet, GCC List

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Arnaud Charlet wrote:
>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>> I would double check that you are indeed using the freshly built
>> corresponding native. Maybe your native installation didn't work as
>> expected and your building from an older compiler. That's the
>> most likely explanation.
>>
>> Alternatively, there have been changes recently in the libada and ada
>> Makefiles by Paolo Bonzini that might be related.
>>

> I agree with Arnaud that the most likely explanation is
> not-recent-enough native tools.  But you can try reverting to r138299 to
> see if my patches are at fault.

I am starting a fresh build with the trunk (138517)
starting with native and will verify that it the 138517
native is being used.  If that fails, I will revert to 138299 .

I will report as soon as the build(s) finish.

--joel