* [Ada] runtime license wording change and Ada bootstrap,  gcc/ada/scn.adb Determine_License
@ 2009-04-03 14:09 Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2009-04-03 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Dewar, Arnaud Charlet; +Cc: Jakub Jelinek, gcc

Hi

The license wording will soon be changed and Ada gcc/ada/scn.adb
(function Determine_License) currently checks about licence.
Any change to the wording breaks Ada bootstrap as Jakub found out.

How should we proceed? What will happen with existing
installed compilers?

Thanks in advance,

Laurent

* Re: [Ada] runtime license wording change and Ada bootstrap,  gcc/ada/scn.adb Determine_License
@ 2009-04-03 14:16 ` Arnaud Charlet
From: Arnaud Charlet @ 2009-04-03 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent GUERBY; +Cc: Robert Dewar, Jakub Jelinek, gcc

> The license wording will soon be changed and Ada gcc/ada/scn.adb
> (function Determine_License) currently checks about licence.
> Any change to the wording breaks Ada bootstrap as Jakub found out.
>
> How should we proceed?

scn.adb needs to be updated to recognize the new text I assume.
What would be the new wording, and in what way does it break scn.adb?

> What will happen with existing installed compilers?

Good question, the change in headers may indeed break bootstrap.

Arno

* Re: [Ada] runtime license wording change and Ada bootstrap,  gcc/ada/scn.adb  Determine_License
@ 2009-04-03 14:33 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2009-04-03 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent GUERBY; +Cc: Robert Dewar, Arnaud Charlet, Jakub Jelinek, gcc

Hi Laurent,

> The license wording will soon be changed and Ada gcc/ada/scn.adb
> (function Determine_License) currently checks about licence.
> Any change to the wording breaks Ada bootstrap as Jakub found out.
>
> How should we proceed?

I have already changed the patch under development so that the text in
the ada files now reads:

  As a special exception under Section 7 of GPL version 3, you
  are granted additional permissions described in the GCC Runtime
  Library Exception, version 3.1, as published by the Free Software
  Foundation.

This includes the magic words "As a special exception" which should
satisfy the license scanner.

Cheers
   Nick