* Slush, please?
@ 2009-04-28 17:51 Hans-Peter Nilsson
From: Hans-Peter Nilsson @ 2009-04-28 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I don't see a request, yet more than two people seem to agree,
so: can we have a slush (no new merges or features) while the
tree is stabilized?

I'll let other people answer the "why" wrt. priority platforms;
the double breakages for cris-elf (PR39927, PR39938) don't
count. :/

brgds, H-P

* Re: Slush, please?
@ 2009-04-28 18:02 ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2009-04-28 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> wrote:
> I don't see a request, yet more than two people seem to agree,
> so: can we have a slush (no new merges or features) while the
> tree is stabilized?
>
> I'll let other people answer the "why" wrt. priority platforms;
> the double breakages for cris-elf (PR39927, PR39938) don't
> count. :/

There are some testsuite failures on powerpc-darwin (there was a
bootstrap failure but I just fixed that though).

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

* Re: Slush, please?
@ 2009-04-28 18:06 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2009-04-28 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson; +Cc: gcc

Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> I don't see a request, yet more than two people seem to agree,
> so: can we have a slush (no new merges or features) while the
> tree is stabilized?
>
> I'll let other people answer the "why" wrt. priority platforms;
> the double breakages for cris-elf (PR39927, PR39938) don't
> count. :/

Even if all the primary/secondary platforms were fixed right now, I
think that it is good to slow down, since we found out the hard way that
SSA expansion has relatively deep target-dependent ramifications.

Paolo