* Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 11:18 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-06-26 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fortran, GCC

I want to flag the following failure I have seen on Cygwin 1.5 trying to
build current 4.5-20090625 gcc snapshot:

[...]
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/build'
Configuring stage 2 in ./intl
Configuring stage 2 in ./libiberty
Configuring stage 2 in ./libdecnumber
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking for makeinfo... makeinfo --split-size=5000000 --split-size=5000000
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... checking for perl... perl
yes
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking build system type... checking for msgfmt... configure: creating
cache ./config.cache
/usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... i686-pc-cygwin
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... checking host system type... /usr/bin/msgmerge
yes
checking for i686-pc-cygwin-gcc...  /tmp/build/./prev-gcc/xgcc
-B/tmp/build/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem
/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include
checking for i686-pc-cygwin-gcc...  /tmp/build/./prev-gcc/xgcc
-B/tmp/build/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem
/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include
i686-pc-cygwin
checking for i686-pc-cygwin-ar... ar
checking for i686-pc-cygwin-ranlib... ranlib
checking for i686-pc-cygwin-gcc...  /tmp/build/./prev-gcc/xgcc
-B/tmp/build/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem
/usr/local/gfortran/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include
checking for C compiler default output file name... checking for C
compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking whether the C compiler works... a.exe
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
`/tmp/build/intl':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: in
`/tmp/build/libdecnumber':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
make[2]: *** [configure-stage2-libdecnumber] Error 1
make[2]: *** [configure-stage2-intl] Error 1
a.exe
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
`/tmp/build/libiberty':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
make[2]: *** [configure-stage2-libiberty] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build'
make[1]: *** [stage2-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have configured with:

===================================
CC='gcc-4' CXX='g++-4' CPP='cpp-4' ${gcc_dir}/configure
--prefix="${prefix_dir}" \
         --exec-prefix="${eprefix_dir}" \
	--sysconfdir="${sysconf_dir}" \
	--libdir="${lib_dir}" \
	--libexecdir="${libexec_dir}" \
	--mandir="${man_dir}" \
	--infodir="${info_dir}" \
	--program-suffix="${suffix}" \
	--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran \
	--enable-bootstrap \
	--enable-decimal-float=bid \
	--enable-libgomp \
	--enable-threads \
	--enable-sjlj-exceptions \
	--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs \
	--enable-nls \
	--enable-checking=release \
	--disable-fixed-point \
	--disable-libmudflap \
	--disable-shared \
	--disable-win32-registry \
	--with-arch=i686 \
	--with-system-zlib \
	--with-tune=generic \
         --without-included-gettext \
	--without-x || return 1
===================================

The source comes from the following files:

gcc-core-4.5-20090625.tar.bz2
gcc-fortran-4.5-20090625.tar.bz2
gcc-g++-4.5-20090625.tar.bz2

I have tried using 'make -j2[or -j4]'

Cheers,
Angelo.

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 11:42 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-06-26 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Fortran, GCC

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I want to flag the following failure I have seen on Cygwin 1.5 trying to
> build current 4.5-20090625 gcc snapshot:

  So what's in config.log?  And what binutils are you using?

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 13:09   ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-06-26 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn; +Cc: Fortran, GCC

Dave Korn ha scritto:
> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>> I want to flag the following failure I have seen on Cygwin 1.5 trying to
>> build current 4.5-20090625 gcc snapshot:
>
>   So what's in config.log?  And what binutils are you using?

The config logs are attached, while binutils is the current in
Cygwin-1.5, i.e. 20080624-2.

Cheers,
Angelo.

[-- Attachment #2: config_logs.tar.bz2 --]

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 13:19     ` Seiji Kachi
From: Seiji Kachi @ 2009-06-26 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Dave Korn, Fortran, GCC

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Dave Korn ha scritto:
>> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>>> I want to flag the following failure I have seen on Cygwin 1.5 trying to
>>> build current 4.5-20090625 gcc snapshot:
>>
>>   So what's in config.log?  And what binutils are you using?
>
> The config logs are attached, while binutils is the current in
> Cygwin-1.5, i.e. 20080624-2.
>

> Cheers,
> Angelo.

I have also seen similar faulure, and the reason on my environment is as
follows.

(1) In my case, gcc build complete successfully.  But a.exe which is
compiled from the new compiler fails. Error message is

$ ./a.exe
bash: ./a.exe: Permission denied

Source code of a.exe is quite simple:
main()
{
   printf("Hello\n");
}

(2) This failuer occurres from gcc trunk r148408.  r148407 is OK.

(3) r148408 removed "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION".  r148407 does not
generate debug_pubtypes section, but r148408 and later version generates
  debug_pubtypes section in object when we set debug option.

(4) gcc build sequence usually uses debug option.

(5) My cygwin environment seems not to accept debug_pubtypes section,
and pop up "Permission denied" error.

When I reverted "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION" in dearf2out.c, the
failuer disappeared.

Does this failure occurr only on cygwin?

Regards,
Seiji Kachi

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 13:52       ` Kai Tietz
From: Kai Tietz @ 2009-06-26 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Seiji Kachi; +Cc: Angelo Graziosi, Dave Korn, Fortran, GCC

2009/6/26 Seiji Kachi <skachi@mqe.biglobe.ne.jp>:
> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>>
>> Dave Korn ha scritto:

>>>  So what's in config.log?  And what binutils are you using?
>>
>> The config logs are attached, while binutils is the current in Cygwin-1.5,
>> i.e. 20080624-2.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Angelo.
>
> I have also seen similar faulure, and the reason on my environment is as
> follows.
>
> (1) In my case, gcc build complete successfully.  But a.exe which is
> compiled from the new compiler fails. Error message is
>
> $ ./a.exe
> bash: ./a.exe: Permission denied
>
> Source code of a.exe is quite simple:
> main()
> {
>  printf("Hello\n");
> }
>
> (2) This failuer occurres from gcc trunk r148408.  r148407 is OK.
>
> (3) r148408 removed "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION".  r148407 does not
> generate debug_pubtypes section, but r148408 and later version generates
>  debug_pubtypes section in object when we set debug option.
>
> (4) gcc build sequence usually uses debug option.
>
> (5) My cygwin environment seems not to accept debug_pubtypes section, and
> pop up "Permission denied" error.
>
> When I reverted "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION" in dearf2out.c, the failuer
> disappeared.
>
> Does this failure occurr only on cygwin?
>
> Regards,
> Seiji Kachi

No, this bug appeared on all windows pe-coff targets. A fix for this
is already checked in yesterday on binutils. Could you try it with the
current binutils head version?

Cheers,
Kai

--

@ 2009-06-26 14:33 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2009-06-26 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Fortran, GCC

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I want to flag the following failure I have seen on Cygwin 1.5 trying to
> build current 4.5-20090625 gcc snapshot:

> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
> `/tmp/build/intl':
> configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.

I met the same failure on Cygwin 1.7 with yesterday's and last week's
snapshots.  I didn't notice that it refers to intl/config.log, so will go
back and look, as you didn't show what happened there.

On a slightly related subject, I have shown that the libgfortran.dll.a and
libgomp.dll.a are broken on cygwin builds, including those released for
cygwin, as shown on the test case I submitted on cygwin list earlier this
week.  The -enable-shared has never been satisfactory for gfortran cygwin.

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 15:41   ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2009-06-26 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn; +Cc: Angelo Graziosi, Fortran, GCC

Dave Korn wrote:
> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>
>> I want to flag the following failure I have seen on Cygwin 1.5 trying to
>> build current 4.5-20090625 gcc snapshot:
>>

>   So what's in config.log?  And what binutils are you using?
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

In my case, it says no permission to execute a.exe.  However, I can run
the intl configure and make from command line.  When I do that, and
attempt to restart stage 2, it stops in liberty, and again I have to
execute steps from command line.

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 15:59         ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2009-06-26 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Tietz; +Cc: Seiji Kachi, Angelo Graziosi, Dave Korn, Fortran, GCC

Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2009/6/26 Seiji Kachi <skachi@mqe.biglobe.ne.jp>:
>
>> Angelo Graziosi wrote:

>>> The config logs are attached, while binutils is the current in Cygwin-1.5,
>>> i.e. 20080624-2.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Angelo.
>>>
>> I have also seen similar faulure, and the reason on my environment is as
>> follows.
>>
>> (1) In my case, gcc build complete successfully.  But a.exe which is
>> compiled from the new compiler fails. Error message is
>>
>> $ ./a.exe
>> bash: ./a.exe: Permission denied
>>
>> Source code of a.exe is quite simple:
>> main()
>> {
>>  printf("Hello\n");
>> }
>>
>> (2) This failuer occurres from gcc trunk r148408.  r148407 is OK.
>>
>> (3) r148408 removed "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION".  r148407 does not
>> generate debug_pubtypes section, but r148408 and later version generates
>>  debug_pubtypes section in object when we set debug option.
>>
>> (4) gcc build sequence usually uses debug option.
>>
>> (5) My cygwin environment seems not to accept debug_pubtypes section, and
>> pop up "Permission denied" error.
>>
>> When I reverted "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION" in dearf2out.c, the failuer
>> disappeared.
>>
>> Does this failure occurr only on cygwin?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Seiji Kachi
>>

> No, this bug appeared on all windows pe-coff targets. A fix for this
> is already checked in yesterday on binutils. Could you try it with the
> current binutils head version?
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

Is this supposed to be sufficient information for us to find that
binutils?  I may be able to find an insider colleague, otherwise I would
have no chance.

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 16:28           ` Kai Tietz
From: Kai Tietz @ 2009-06-26 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tprince; +Cc: Seiji Kachi, Angelo Graziosi, Dave Korn, Fortran, GCC

2009/6/26 Tim Prince <TimothyPrince@sbcglobal.net>:
> Kai Tietz wrote:

>>> I have also seen similar faulure, and the reason on my environment is as
>>> follows.
>>>
>>> (1) In my case, gcc build complete successfully.  But a.exe which is
>>> compiled from the new compiler fails. Error message is
>>>
>>> $ ./a.exe
>>> bash: ./a.exe: Permission denied
>>>
>>> Source code of a.exe is quite simple:
>>> main()
>>> {
>>>  printf("Hello\n");
>>> }
>>>
>>> (2) This failuer occurres from gcc trunk r148408.  r148407 is OK.
>>>
>>> (3) r148408 removed "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION".  r148407 does not
>>> generate debug_pubtypes section, but r148408 and later version generates
>>>  debug_pubtypes section in object when we set debug option.
>>>
>>> (4) gcc build sequence usually uses debug option.
>>>
>>> (5) My cygwin environment seems not to accept debug_pubtypes section, and
>>> pop up "Permission denied" error.
>>>
>>> When I reverted "#ifdef DEBUG_PUBTYPES_SECTION" in dearf2out.c, the
>>> failuer
>>> disappeared.
>>>
>>> Does this failure occurr only on cygwin?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Seiji Kachi
>>>

>> No, this bug appeared on all windows pe-coff targets. A fix for this
>> is already checked in yesterday on binutils. Could you try it with the
>> current binutils head version?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kai
>>

> Is this supposed to be sufficient information for us to find that binutils?
>  I may be able to find an insider colleague, otherwise I would have no
> chance.

Hello,

you can find the binutils project as usual under
http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/ . You can find on this page how
you are able to get current cvs version of binutils. This project
contains the gnu tools, like dlltool, as, objcopy, ld, etc.
The issue you are running in is reasoned by a failure in binutils
about setting correct section flags for debugging sections. By the
last change in gcc - it was the output of the .debug_pubtypes secton -
this issue was shown.
There is a patch already applied to binutils's repository head, which
should solve the issue described here in this thread. We from
mingw-w64 were fallen already over this issue and have taken care.

Cheers,
Kai

--

@ 2009-06-26 16:36             ` Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2009-06-26 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Tietz; +Cc: tprince, Seiji Kachi, Angelo Graziosi, Dave Korn, GCC

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 06:17:15PM +0200, Kai Tietz wrote:

> you can find the binutils project as usual under
> http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/ . You can find on this page how
> you are able to get current cvs version of binutils. This project
> contains the gnu tools, like dlltool, as, objcopy, ld, etc.
> The issue you are running in is reasoned by a failure in binutils
> about setting correct section flags for debugging sections. By the
> last change in gcc - it was the output of the .debug_pubtypes secton -
> this issue was shown.
> There is a patch already applied to binutils's repository head, which
> should solve the issue described here in this thread. We from
> mingw-w64 were fallen already over this issue and have taken care.

Can you guys learn to trim the cc list?  This issue
has absoutely nothing to do with gfortran.  Yet,
fortan@gcc.gnu.org is being spammed with your email.

Have a nice day.

--
Steve

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 17:01               ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-06-26 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Kargl; +Cc: Kai Tietz, tprince, Seiji Kachi, Dave Korn, GCC

Steve Kargl ha scritto:

> Can you guys learn to trim the cc list?  This issue
> has absoutely nothing to do with gfortran.  Yet,
> fortan@gcc.gnu.org is being spammed with your email.

Really... it was discovered because someone has the 'bad' habit to build
gfortran... :-)

@ 2009-06-26 17:06                 ` Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2009-06-26 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Kai Tietz, tprince, Seiji Kachi, Dave Korn, GCC

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 06:51:35PM +0200, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Steve Kargl ha scritto:
> >
> >Can you guys learn to trim the cc list?  This issue
> >has absoutely nothing to do with gfortran.  Yet,
> >fortan@gcc.gnu.org is being spammed with your email.
>
> Really... it was discovered because someone has the 'bad' habit to build
> gfortran... :-)

If you actually read the text that you posted in
your first email, you would have found that
there is clearly no evidence that this failure
is gfortran related.  This then would have been
a clear indication that cross-posting to fortran@
is unwelcomed.

--
Steve

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-26 17:29             ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2009-06-26 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Tietz; +Cc: tprince, Seiji Kachi, Angelo Graziosi, Dave Korn, Fortran, GCC

Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2009/6/26 Tim Prince <TimothyPrince@sbcglobal.net>:
>
>> Kai Tietz wrote:

>>> No, this bug appeared on all windows pe-coff targets. A fix for this
>>> is already checked in yesterday on binutils. Could you try it with the
>>> current binutils head version?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Kai
>>>

>> Is this supposed to be sufficient information for us to find that binutils?
>>  I may be able to find an insider colleague, otherwise I would have no
>> chance.
>>

> Hello,
>
> you can find the binutils project as usual under
> http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/ . You can find on this page how
> you are able to get current cvs version of binutils. This project
> contains the gnu tools, like dlltool, as, objcopy, ld, etc.
> The issue you are running in is reasoned by a failure in binutils
> about setting correct section flags for debugging sections. By the
> last change in gcc - it was the output of the .debug_pubtypes secton -
> this issue was shown.
> There is a patch already applied to binutils's repository head, which
> should solve the issue described here in this thread. We from
> mingw-w64 were fallen already over this issue and have taken care.
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

My colleague suggested building and installing last week's binutils
release.   I did so, but it didn't affect the requirement to run each
stage 2 configure individually from command line.
Thanks,
Tim

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-06-27  0:55         ` Seiji Kachi
From: Seiji Kachi @ 2009-06-27  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Tietz; +Cc: Angelo Graziosi, Dave Korn, GCC

Kai Tietz wrote:
> No, this bug appeared on all windows pe-coff targets. A fix for this
> is already checked in yesterday on binutils. Could you try it with the
> current binutils head version?
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

I solved this failure with binutils-2.19.51.

Thank you.

Seiji

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-08-23  6:45           ` Eric Niebler
From: Eric Niebler @ 2009-08-23  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC

(Resurrecting this old thread...)

Seiji Kachi wrote:
> Kai Tietz wrote:
>> No, this bug appeared on all windows pe-coff targets. A fix for this
>> is already checked in yesterday on binutils. Could you try it with the
>> current binutils head version?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kai
>
> I solved this failure with binutils-2.19.51.

I am running into the same problem (cannnot build latest snapshot on
cygwin). I have built and installed the latest binutils from head (see
attached config.log for details). But still the build fails. Any help?

checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
`/home/ericne/objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/li
biberty':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for i686-pc-cygwin-gcc... /home/ericne/objdir/./gcc/xgcc
-B/home/ericne/objdir/./gcc/ -B/us
r/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -is
ystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem
/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686
-pc-cygwin/sys-include
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
`/home/ericne/objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/li
bstdc++-v3':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ericne/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

[-- Attachment #2: config.log --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 30699 bytes --]

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

  $ ../gcc-4.5-20090813/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/ --disable-bootstrap --enable-languages=c++

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = ericne-xps
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 1.5.25(0.156/4/2)
uname -s = CYGWIN_NT-6.0
uname -v = 2008-06-12 19:34

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = i686
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
hostinfo               = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin/
PATH: /usr/local/binutils-2.19.1/bin/
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/X11R6/bin
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Python26/
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Perl/site/bin
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Perl/bin
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/CodeSynthesis XSD 3.2/bin/
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/CollabNet Subversion Client
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Windows/system32
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Windows
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Perforce/
PATH: /cygdrive/c/boost/org/trunk/tools/jam/src/bin.cygwinx86
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Roxio Shared/9.0/DLLShared/
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/80/Tools/Binn/
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/90/Tools/binn/
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/90/DTS/Binn/
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Xoreax/IncrediBuild
PATH: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Roxio Shared/DLLShared/

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:1574: checking build system type
configure:1592: result: i686-pc-cygwin
configure:1627: checking host system type
configure:1641: result: i686-pc-cygwin
configure:1649: checking target system type
configure:1663: result: i686-pc-cygwin
configure:1707: checking for a BSD-compatible install
configure:1773: result: /usr/bin/install -c
configure:1784: checking whether ln works
configure:1806: result: yes
configure:1810: checking whether ln -s works
configure:1814: result: yes
configure:2843: checking to see if cat works as expected
configure:2848: result: yes
configure:3025: checking for gcc
configure:3041: found /usr/bin/gcc
configure:3051: result: gcc
configure:3297: checking for C compiler version
configure:3300: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)

configure:3303: $? = 0
configure:3305: gcc -v </dev/null >&5
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/specs
Configured with: /managed/gcc-build/final-v3-bootstrap/gcc-3.4.4-999/configure --verbose --program-suffix=-3 --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,d,f77,pascal,java,objc --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --without-x --enable-libgcj --disable-java-awt --with-system-zlib --enable-interpreter --disable-libgcj-debug --enable-threads=posix --enable-java-gc=boehm --disable-win32-registry --enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-hash-synchronization --enable-libstdcxx-debug
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)
configure:3308: $? = 0
configure:3310: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: `-V' option must have argument
configure:3313: $? = 1
configure:3336: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:3339: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
configure:3342: $? = 0
configure:3390: result: a.exe
configure:3395: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3401: ./a.exe
configure:3404: $? = 0
configure:3423: result: yes
configure:3430: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:3432: result: no
configure:3435: checking for suffix of executables
configure:3437: gcc -o conftest.exe    conftest.c  >&5
configure:3440: $? = 0
configure:3467: result: .exe
configure:3473: checking for suffix of object files
configure:3494: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:3497: $? = 0
configure:3521: result: o
configure:3525: checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler
configure:3549: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:3555: $? = 0
configure:3559: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:3562: $? = 0
configure:3565: test -s conftest.o
configure:3568: $? = 0
configure:3581: result: yes
configure:3587: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:3608: gcc -c -g  conftest.c >&5
configure:3614: $? = 0
configure:3618: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:3621: $? = 0
configure:3624: test -s conftest.o
configure:3627: $? = 0
configure:3638: result: yes
configure:3655: checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C
configure:3725: gcc  -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
configure:3731: $? = 0
configure:3735: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:3738: $? = 0
configure:3741: test -s conftest.o
configure:3744: $? = 0
configure:3762: result: none needed
configure:3780: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
configure:3786: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif
configure:3971: checking for g++
configure:3987: found /usr/bin/g++
configure:3997: result: g++
configure:4013: checking for C++ compiler version
configure:4016: g++ --version </dev/null >&5
g++ (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)

configure:4019: $? = 0
configure:4021: g++ -v </dev/null >&5
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/specs
Configured with: /managed/gcc-build/final-v3-bootstrap/gcc-3.4.4-999/configure --verbose --program-suffix=-3 --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,d,f77,pascal,java,objc --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --without-x --enable-libgcj --disable-java-awt --with-system-zlib --enable-interpreter --disable-libgcj-debug --enable-threads=posix --enable-java-gc=boehm --disable-win32-registry --enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-hash-synchronization --enable-libstdcxx-debug
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)
configure:4024: $? = 0
configure:4026: g++ -V </dev/null >&5
g++: `-V' option must have argument
configure:4029: $? = 1
configure:4032: checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler
configure:4056: g++ -c   conftest.cc >&5
configure:4062: $? = 0
configure:4066: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4069: $? = 0
configure:4072: test -s conftest.o
configure:4075: $? = 0
configure:4088: result: yes
configure:4094: checking whether g++ accepts -g
configure:4115: g++ -c -g  conftest.cc >&5
configure:4121: $? = 0
configure:4125: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4128: $? = 0
configure:4131: test -s conftest.o
configure:4134: $? = 0
configure:4145: result: yes
configure:4187: g++ -c -g -O2  conftest.cc >&5
configure:4193: $? = 0
configure:4197: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4200: $? = 0
configure:4203: test -s conftest.o
configure:4206: $? = 0
configure:4232: g++ -c -g -O2  conftest.cc >&5
conftest.cc: In function `int main()':
conftest.cc:13: error: `exit' undeclared (first use this function)
conftest.cc:13: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
configure:4238: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
| exit (42);
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:4187: g++ -c -g -O2  conftest.cc >&5
configure:4193: $? = 0
configure:4197: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4200: $? = 0
configure:4203: test -s conftest.o
configure:4206: $? = 0
configure:4232: g++ -c -g -O2  conftest.cc >&5
configure:4238: $? = 0
configure:4242: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4245: $? = 0
configure:4248: test -s conftest.o
configure:4251: $? = 0
configure:4338: checking for gnatbind
configure:4365: result: no
configure:4418: checking for gnatmake
configure:4445: result: no
configure:4457: checking whether compiler driver understands Ada
configure:4480: result: no
configure:4489: checking how to compare bootstrapped objects
configure:4514: result: cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
configure:4690: checking for correct version of gmp.h
configure:4713: gcc -c -g -O2   conftest.c >&5
configure:4719: $? = 0
configure:4723: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4726: $? = 0
configure:4729: test -s conftest.o
configure:4732: $? = 0
configure:4734: result: yes
configure:4747: checking for correct version of mpfr.h
configure:4770: gcc -c -g -O2   conftest.c >&5
configure:4776: $? = 0
configure:4780: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4783: $? = 0
configure:4786: test -s conftest.o
configure:4789: $? = 0
configure:4812: gcc -c -g -O2   conftest.c >&5
configure:4818: $? = 0
configure:4822: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4825: $? = 0
configure:4828: test -s conftest.o
configure:4831: $? = 0
configure:4833: result: yes
configure:4856: checking for the correct version of mpc.h
configure:4878: gcc -c -g -O2    conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:12:17: mpc.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c:17:39: missing binary operator before token "("
configure:4884: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
| #endif
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <mpc.h>
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|     #if MPC_VERSION < MPC_VERSION_NUM (0,6,0)
|     choke me
|     #endif
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:4905: result: no
configure:4915: checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr libraries
configure:4943: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2     conftest.c  -lmpfr -lgmp >&5
configure:4949: $? = 0
configure:4953: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4956: $? = 0
configure:4959: test -s conftest.exe
configure:4962: $? = 0
configure:4964: result: yes
configure:5231: checking for version 0.10 of PPL
configure:5253: gcc -c -g -O2     conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:12:19: ppl_c.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:18: error: `choke' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:18: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:18: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:18: error: parse error before "me"
configure:5259: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
| #endif
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include "ppl_c.h"
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   #if PPL_VERSION_MAJOR != 0 || PPL_VERSION_MINOR != 10
|   choke me
|   #endif
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:5280: result: no
configure:5352: checking for correct version of CLooG
configure:5374: gcc -c -g -O2      conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:12:25: cloog/cloog.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:18: error: `choke' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:18: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:18: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:18: error: parse error before "me"
configure:5380: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
| #endif
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include "cloog/cloog.h"
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   #if CLOOG_VERSION_MAJOR != 0 || CLOOG_VERSION_MINOR != 15
|   choke me
|   #endif
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:5401: result: no
configure:6761: checking for bison
configure:6777: found /usr/bin/bison
configure:6787: result: bison -y
configure:6807: checking for bison
configure:6823: found /usr/bin/bison
configure:6833: result: bison
configure:6852: checking for gm4
configure:6881: result: no
configure:6852: checking for gnum4
configure:6881: result: no
configure:6852: checking for m4
configure:6868: found /usr/bin/m4
configure:6878: result: m4
configure:6897: checking for flex
configure:6913: found /usr/bin/flex
configure:6923: result: flex
configure:6943: checking for flex
configure:6959: found /usr/bin/flex
configure:6969: result: flex
configure:6988: checking for makeinfo
configure:7004: found /usr/bin/makeinfo
configure:7014: result: makeinfo
configure:7047: checking for expect
configure:7076: result: no
configure:7094: checking for runtest
configure:7123: result: no
configure:7233: checking for ar
configure:7249: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//ar
configure:7259: result: ar
configure:7368: checking for as
configure:7384: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//as
configure:7394: result: as
configure:7503: checking for dlltool
configure:7519: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//dlltool
configure:7529: result: dlltool
configure:7561: checking for ld
configure:7587: result: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe
configure:7773: checking for lipo
configure:7802: result: no
configure:7908: checking for nm
configure:7924: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//nm
configure:7934: result: nm
configure:8043: checking for ranlib
configure:8059: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//ranlib
configure:8069: result: ranlib
configure:8173: checking for strip
configure:8189: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//strip
configure:8199: result: strip
configure:8303: checking for windres
configure:8319: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//windres
configure:8329: result: windres
configure:8438: checking for windmc
configure:8454: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//windmc
configure:8464: result: windmc
configure:8573: checking for objcopy
configure:8589: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//objcopy
configure:8599: result: objcopy
configure:8708: checking for objdump
configure:8724: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//objdump
configure:8734: result: objdump
configure:8882: checking for cc
configure:8898: found /usr/bin/cc
configure:8908: result: cc
configure:9037: checking for c++
configure:9053: found /usr/bin/c++
configure:9063: result: c++
configure:9192: checking for gcc
configure:9208: found /usr/bin/gcc
configure:9218: result: gcc
configure:9342: checking for gcj
configure:9371: result: no
configure:9497: checking for gfortran
configure:9526: result: no
configure:9586: checking for ar
configure:9619: result: no
configure:9731: checking for ar
configure:9747: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//ar
configure:9757: result: ar
configure:9809: checking for as
configure:9842: result: no
configure:9954: checking for as
configure:9970: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//as
configure:9980: result: as
configure:10032: checking for dlltool
configure:10065: result: no
configure:10177: checking for dlltool
configure:10193: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//dlltool
configure:10203: result: dlltool
configure:10255: checking for ld
configure:10288: result: no
configure:10400: checking for ld
configure:10416: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//ld
configure:10426: result: ld
configure:10478: checking for lipo
configure:10511: result: no
configure:10623: checking for lipo
configure:10652: result: no
configure:10701: checking for nm
configure:10734: result: no
configure:10846: checking for nm
configure:10862: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//nm
configure:10872: result: nm
configure:10924: checking for objdump
configure:10957: result: no
configure:11069: checking for objdump
configure:11085: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//objdump
configure:11095: result: objdump
configure:11147: checking for ranlib
configure:11180: result: no
configure:11292: checking for ranlib
configure:11308: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//ranlib
configure:11318: result: ranlib
configure:11370: checking for strip
configure:11403: result: no
configure:11515: checking for strip
configure:11531: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//strip
configure:11541: result: strip
configure:11593: checking for windres
configure:11626: result: no
configure:11738: checking for windres
configure:11754: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//windres
configure:11764: result: windres
configure:11816: checking for windmc
configure:11849: result: no
configure:11961: checking for windmc
configure:11977: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//windmc
configure:11987: result: windmc
configure:12017: checking where to find the target ar
configure:12050: result: host tool
configure:12059: checking where to find the target as
configure:12092: result: host tool
configure:12101: checking where to find the target cc
configure:12124: result: just compiled
configure:12143: checking where to find the target c++
configure:12169: result: just compiled
configure:12188: checking where to find the target c++ for libstdc++
configure:12214: result: just compiled
configure:12233: checking where to find the target dlltool
configure:12266: result: host tool
configure:12275: checking where to find the target gcc
configure:12298: result: just compiled
configure:12317: checking where to find the target gcj
configure:12353: result: host tool
configure:12362: checking where to find the target gfortran
configure:12398: result: host tool
configure:12407: checking where to find the target ld
configure:12440: result: host tool
configure:12449: checking where to find the target lipo
configure:12471: result: host tool
configure:12480: checking where to find the target nm
configure:12513: result: host tool
configure:12522: checking where to find the target objdump
configure:12555: result: host tool
configure:12564: checking where to find the target ranlib
configure:12597: result: host tool
configure:12606: checking where to find the target strip
configure:12639: result: host tool
configure:12648: checking where to find the target windres
configure:12681: result: host tool
configure:12690: checking where to find the target windmc
configure:12723: result: host tool
configure:12760: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles
configure:12769: result: no
configure:12802: checking whether -fkeep-inline-functions is supported
configure:12826: gcc -c -g -O2 -fkeep-inline-functions  conftest.c >&5
configure:12832: $? = 0
configure:12836: test -z
			 || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:12839: $? = 0
configure:12842: test -s conftest.o
configure:12845: $? = 0
configure:12847: result: yes
configure:13073: creating ./config.status

## ---------------------- ##
## Running config.status. ##
## ---------------------- ##

This file was extended by config.status, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

  CONFIG_FILES    =
  CONFIG_HEADERS  =
  CONFIG_LINKS    =
  CONFIG_COMMANDS =
  $ ./config.status

on ericne-xps

config.status:777: creating Makefile

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_build=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_build_alias=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_cxx_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_env_AR_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_AR_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_AR_set=
ac_cv_env_AR_value=
ac_cv_env_AS_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_AS_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_AS_set=
ac_cv_env_AS_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_value=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CXX_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_CXX_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_CXX_set=
ac_cv_env_CXX_value=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_set=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_value=
ac_cv_env_GCC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GCC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GCJ_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GCJ_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_LD_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_LD_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LD_set=
ac_cv_env_LD_value=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_set=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_value=
ac_cv_env_NM_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_NM_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_NM_set=
ac_cv_env_NM_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_value=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_set=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_value=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_set=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_value=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=
ac_cv_exeext=.exe
ac_cv_host=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_host_alias=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_objext=o
ac_cv_path_install='/usr/bin/install -c'
ac_cv_prog_AR=ar
ac_cv_prog_AR_FOR_TARGET=ar
ac_cv_prog_AS=as
ac_cv_prog_AS_FOR_TARGET=as
ac_cv_prog_BISON=bison
ac_cv_prog_CC_FOR_TARGET=cc
ac_cv_prog_CXX_FOR_TARGET=c++
ac_cv_prog_DLLTOOL=dlltool
ac_cv_prog_DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET=dlltool
ac_cv_prog_FLEX=flex
ac_cv_prog_GCC_FOR_TARGET=gcc
ac_cv_prog_LD=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe
ac_cv_prog_LD_FOR_TARGET=ld
ac_cv_prog_LEX=flex
ac_cv_prog_M4=m4
ac_cv_prog_MAKEINFO=makeinfo
ac_cv_prog_NM=nm
ac_cv_prog_NM_FOR_TARGET=nm
ac_cv_prog_OBJCOPY=objcopy
ac_cv_prog_OBJDUMP=objdump
ac_cv_prog_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET=objdump
ac_cv_prog_RANLIB=ranlib
ac_cv_prog_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=ranlib
ac_cv_prog_STRIP=strip
ac_cv_prog_STRIP_FOR_TARGET=strip
ac_cv_prog_WINDMC=windmc
ac_cv_prog_WINDMC_FOR_TARGET=windmc
ac_cv_prog_WINDRES=windres
ac_cv_prog_WINDRES_FOR_TARGET=windres
ac_cv_prog_YACC='bison -y'
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CC=gcc
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CXX=g++
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_GNATBIND=no
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_GNATMAKE=no
ac_cv_prog_cc_g=yes
ac_cv_prog_cc_stdc=
ac_cv_prog_cxx_g=yes
ac_cv_target=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_target_alias=i686-pc-cygwin
acx_cv_cc_gcc_supports_ada=no
acx_cv_prog_LN=ln
gcc_cv_prog_cmp_skip='cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2'
gcc_cv_tool_dirs=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//libexec/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.0:/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//libexec/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.0:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin:/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/bin/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.0:/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/bin:
gcc_cv_tool_prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

AR='ar'
AR_FOR_BUILD='$(AR)'
AR_FOR_TARGET='$(AR)'
AS='as'
AS_FOR_BUILD='$(AS)'
AS_FOR_TARGET='$(AS)'
BISON='bison'
CC='gcc'
CC_FOR_BUILD='$(CC)'
CC_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
CFLAGS='-g -O2'
CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD='-g -O2'
CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-g -O2'
COMPILER_AS_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/as'
COMPILER_LD_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/collect-ld'
COMPILER_NM_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/nm'
CONFIGURE_GDB_TK=''
CPPFLAGS=''
CXX='g++'
CXXFLAGS='-g -O2'
CXXFLAGS_FOR_BUILD='-g -O2'
CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-g -O2'
CXX_FOR_BUILD='$(CXX)'
CXX_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/g++ -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/ -nostdinc++ `test ! -f $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/scripts/testsuite_flags || $(SHELL) $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/scripts/testsuite_flags --build-includes` -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs'
DEBUG_PREFIX_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
DEFS='-DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" '
DLLTOOL='dlltool'
DLLTOOL_FOR_BUILD='$(DLLTOOL)'
DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET='$(DLLTOOL)'
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EXEEXT='.exe'
EXPECT='expect'
FLAGS_FOR_TARGET=' -B$(build_tooldir)/bin/ -B$(build_tooldir)/lib/ -isystem $(build_tooldir)/include -isystem $(build_tooldir)/sys-include'
FLEX='flex'
GCC_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
GCC_SHLIB_SUBDIR='/shlib'
GCJ_FOR_BUILD='$(GCJ)'
GCJ_FOR_TARGET='$(GCJ)'
GDB_TK=''
GFORTRAN_FOR_BUILD='$(GFORTRAN)'
GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET='$(GFORTRAN)'
GNATBIND='no'
GNATMAKE='no'
INSTALL_DATA='${INSTALL} -m 644'
INSTALL_GDB_TK=''
INSTALL_PROGRAM='${INSTALL}'
INSTALL_SCRIPT='${INSTALL}'
LD='/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe'
LDFLAGS=''
LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=''
LD_FOR_BUILD='$(LD)'
LD_FOR_TARGET='$(LD)'
LEX='flex'
LIBOBJS=''
LIBS=''
LIPO='lipo'
LIPO_FOR_TARGET='$(LIPO)'
LN='ln'
LN_S='ln -s'
LTLIBOBJS=''
M4='m4'
MAINT='#'
MAINTAINER_MODE_FALSE=''
MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE='#'
MAKEINFO='makeinfo'
NM='nm'
NM_FOR_BUILD='$(NM)'
NM_FOR_TARGET='$(NM)'
OBJCOPY='objcopy'
OBJDUMP='objdump'
OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET='$(OBJDUMP)'
OBJEXT='o'
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT=''
PACKAGE_NAME=''
PACKAGE_STRING=''
PACKAGE_TARNAME=''
PACKAGE_VERSION=''
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
RANLIB='ranlib'
RANLIB_FOR_BUILD='$(RANLIB)'
RANLIB_FOR_TARGET='$(RANLIB)'
RAW_CXX_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc -nostdinc++ -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs'
RPATH_ENVVAR='PATH'
RUNTEST='runtest'
SHELL='/bin/sh'
STRIP='strip'
STRIP_FOR_TARGET='$(STRIP)'
SYSROOT_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
TOPLEVEL_CONFIGURE_ARGUMENTS='../gcc-4.5-20090813/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/ --disable-bootstrap --enable-languages=c++'
WINDMC='windmc'
WINDMC_FOR_BUILD='$(WINDMC)'
WINDMC_FOR_TARGET='$(WINDMC)'
WINDRES='windres'
WINDRES_FOR_BUILD='$(WINDRES)'
WINDRES_FOR_TARGET='$(WINDRES)'
YACC='bison -y'
ac_ct_CC='gcc'
ac_ct_CXX='g++'
ac_ct_GNATBIND='no'
ac_ct_GNATMAKE='no'
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='i686-pc-cygwin'
build_alias=''
build_configargs='--cache-file=../config.cache '--prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/' '--disable-bootstrap' '--enable-languages=c,c++' --program-transform-name='s,y,y,''
build_configdirs=' libiberty fixincludes'
build_cpu='i686'
build_libsubdir='build-i686-pc-cygwin'
build_noncanonical='i686-pc-cygwin'
build_os='cygwin'
build_subdir='build-i686-pc-cygwin'
build_tooldir='${exec_prefix}/i686-pc-cygwin'
build_vendor='pc'
clooginc=''
clooglibs=''
compare_exclusions='gcc/cc*-checksum$(objext) | gcc/ada/*tools/*'
config_shell='/bin/sh'
configdirs=' intl libiberty libcpp libdecnumber fixincludes gcc'
datadir='${prefix}/share'
datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
do_compare='cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2'
docdir='${datarootdir}/doc'
exec_prefix='${prefix}'
extra_mpc_gmp_configure_flags=''
extra_mpc_mpfr_configure_flags=''
extra_mpfr_configure_flags=''
gmpinc=' '
gmplibs=' -lmpfr -lgmp'
host='i686-pc-cygwin'
host_alias=''
host_configargs='--cache-file=./config.cache  '--prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/' '--disable-bootstrap' '--enable-languages=c,c++' --program-transform-name='s,y,y,''
host_cpu='i686'
host_noncanonical='i686-pc-cygwin'
host_os='cygwin'
host_subdir='.'
host_vendor='pc'
htmldir='${docdir}'
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${prefix}/info'
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
mandir='${prefix}/man'
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
pdfdir='${docdir}'
poststage1_ldflags=''
poststage1_libs=''
pplinc=''
ppllibs=''
prefix='/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/'
program_transform_name='s,y,y,'
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
stage1_cflags='-g -fkeep-inline-functions'
stage1_checking='--enable-checking=yes,types'
stage1_languages='c'
stage1_ldflags=''
stage1_libs=''
stage2_werror_flag='--enable-werror-always'
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
target='i686-pc-cygwin'
target_alias=''
target_configargs='--cache-file=./config.cache --enable-multilib '--prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/' '--disable-bootstrap' '--enable-languages=c,c++' --program-transform-name='s,y,y,''
target_cpu='i686'
target_noncanonical='i686-pc-cygwin'
target_os='cygwin'
target_subdir='i686-pc-cygwin'
target_vendor='pc'
tooldir='${exec_prefix}/i686-pc-cygwin'

## ------------- ##
## Output files. ##
## ------------- ##

alphaieee_frag='/dev/null'
host_makefile_frag='../gcc-4.5-20090813/config/mh-cygwin'
ospace_frag='/dev/null'
serialization_dependencies='serdep.tmp'
target_makefile_frag='/dev/null'

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
#endif
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;

configure: exit 0

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-08-23 10:16             ` Ralf Wildenhues
From: Ralf Wildenhues @ 2009-08-23 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Niebler; +Cc: GCC

Hello Eric,

* Eric Niebler wrote on Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 01:41:38AM CEST:
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
> `/home/ericne/objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/li
> biberty':
> configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.
> checking for egrep... grep -E
> checking for i686-pc-cygwin-gcc... /home/ericne/objdir/./gcc/xgcc
> -B/home/ericne/objdir/./gcc/ -B/us
> r/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
> -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -is
> ystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem
> /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813//i686
> -pc-cygwin/sys-include
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
> checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
> `/home/ericne/objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/li
> bstdc++-v3':
> configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ericne/objdir'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

You need to look at the config.log file in the
/home/ericne/objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/libstdc++-v3 directory.

Cheers,
Ralf

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-08-23 22:26             ` Eric Niebler
From: Eric Niebler @ 2009-08-23 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Seiji Kachi wrote:
>> Kai Tietz wrote:
>>> No, this bug appeared on all windows pe-coff targets. A fix for this
>>> is already checked in yesterday on binutils. Could you try it with the
>>> current binutils head version?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Kai
>>
>> I solved this failure with binutils-2.19.51.
>
> I am running into the same problem (cannnot build latest snapshot on
> cygwin). I have built and installed the latest binutils from head (see
> attached config.log for details). But still the build fails. Any help?

I eventually fixed my problem. This bit from config.log raised my
suspicions:

configure:7233: checking for ar
configure:7249: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//ar
configure:7259: result: ar
configure:7368: checking for as
configure:7384: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//as
configure:7394: result: as
configure:7503: checking for dlltool
configure:7519: found /usr/local/binutils-2.19.51/bin//dlltool
configure:7529: result: dlltool
configure:7561: checking for ld
configure:7587: result:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe

I can't say why ld.exe is found at /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe (it's
not even in my PATH) or even how it got there. There are also copies of
ar.exe and friends in the same directory, but for some reason, they're
not getting picked up. Seems mysterious.

After nuking /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin (so that the binutils-2.19.51
version of ld.exe would get picked instead), the build completed
successfully. I can now build and run executables under cygwin with gcc-4.5.

I still don't know who is at fault for my original problem.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-08-23 19:59     ` Eric Niebler
From: Eric Niebler @ 2009-08-23 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC

Tim Prince wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>>>
>>> This is strange! Recent snapshots (4.3, 4.4, 4.5) build OB both on
>>> Cygwin-1.5 and 1.7. In 1.5 I have build the same binutils of 1.7.
>>>

>> I've attached objdir/intl/config.log.
>
> It says you have triggered cross compilation mode, without complete
> setup.

I haven't. I'm building a native gcc on cygwin as I always have. Been
doing this for years.

> Also, it says you are building in a directory below your source
> code directory, which I always used to do myself, but stopped on account
> of the number of times I've seen this criticized.

I'm not. Where does it say that? The source code is at
~/gcc-4.5-20090813 and the object dir (where I'm building) is ~/objdir.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-08-23 18:08   ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2009-08-23 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Niebler; +Cc: GCC

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>> I am running into the same problem (cannnot build latest snapshot on
>>> cygwin). I have built and installed the latest binutils from head
>>> (see attached config.log for details). But still the build fails. Any
>>> help?
>>
>> This is strange! Recent snapshots (4.3, 4.4, 4.5) build OB both on
>> Cygwin-1.5 and 1.7. In 1.5 I have build the same binutils of 1.7.
>>

> I've attached objdir/intl/config.log.

It says you have triggered cross compilation mode, without complete
setup.  Also, it says you are building in a directory below your source
code directory, which I always used to do myself, but stopped on account
of the number of times I've seen this criticized.
The only new build-blocking problem I've run into in the last month is
the unsupported autoconf test, which has a #FIXME comment.  I had to
comment it out.

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-08-23 17:57 ` Eric Niebler
From: Eric Niebler @ 2009-08-23 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> I am running into the same problem (cannnot build latest snapshot on
>> cygwin). I have built and installed the latest binutils from head (see
>> attached config.log for details). But still the build fails. Any help?
>
> This is strange! Recent snapshots (4.3, 4.4, 4.5) build OB both on
> Cygwin-1.5 and 1.7. In 1.5 I have build the same binutils of 1.7.
>
> I configure with:
<snip>

I tried again without --disable-bootstrap. The build still fails, but in
a different place:

checking for i686-pc-cygwin-gcc...  /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc
-B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev
-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
-B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin
/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc
-cygwin/include -isystem
/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
`/home/ericne/objdir/intl':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
make[2]: *** [configure-stage2-intl] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ericne/objdir'
make[1]: *** [stage2-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ericne/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've attached objdir/intl/config.log.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com

[-- Attachment #2: config.log --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 9980 bytes --]

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

  $ /home/ericne/gcc-4.5-20090813/intl/configure --cache-file=./config.cache --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813 --enable-languages=c,c++ --program-transform-name=s,y,y, --build=i686-pc-cygwin --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin --srcdir=../../gcc-4.5-20090813/intl --with-build-libsubdir=. --enable-werror-always

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = ericne-xps
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 1.5.25(0.156/4/2)
uname -s = CYGWIN_NT-6.0
uname -v = 2008-06-12 19:34

/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = i686
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
hostinfo               = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /home/ericne/objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/libstdc++-v3/.libs
PATH: /home/ericne/objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/libssp/.libs
PATH: /home/ericne/objdir/./gcc/shlib
PATH: /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/shlib
[...]

configure:1229: creating cache ./config.cache
configure:1338: checking whether make sets $(MAKE)
configure:1358: result: yes
configure:1406: checking for a BSD-compatible install
configure:1472: result: /usr/bin/install -c
configure:1497: checking whether NLS is requested
configure:1506: result: yes
configure:1544: checking for msgfmt
configure:1578: result: no
configure:1584: checking for gmsgfmt
configure:1615: result: :
configure:1654: checking for xgettext
configure:1688: result: no
configure:1725: checking for msgmerge
configure:1758: result: no
configure:1798: checking for i686-pc-cygwin-gcc
configure:1824: result:  /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include
configure:2108: checking for C compiler version
configure:2111:  /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include    --version </dev/null >&5
xgcc (GCC) 4.5.0 20090813 (experimental)

configure:2114: $? = 0
configure:2116:  /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include    -v </dev/null >&5
Reading specs from /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/specs
Target: i686-pc-cygwin
Configured with: ../gcc-4.5-20090813/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813 --enable-languages=c++
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.5.0 20090813 (experimental) (GCC)
configure:2119: $? = 0
configure:2121:  /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include    -V </dev/null >&5
xgcc: '-V' must come at the start of the command line
configure:2124: $? = 1
configure:2147: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2150:  /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include    -g -O2    conftest.c  >&5
Warning: .drectve `-aligncomm:___CTOR_LIST__,2 ' unrecognized
Warning: .drectve `-aligncomm:___DTOR_LIST__,2' unrecognized
configure:2153: $? = 0
configure:2201: result: a.exe
configure:2206: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:2212: ./a.exe
/home/ericne/gcc-4.5-20090813/intl/configure: line 2213: ./a.exe: Permission denied
configure:2215: $? = 126
configure:2222: error: in `/home/ericne/objdir/intl':
configure:2226: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_env_CC_set=set
ac_cv_env_CC_value=' /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include   '
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=set
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value='-g -O2'
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPP_set=
ac_cv_env_CPP_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=set
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=' '
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=i686-pc-cygwin
ac_cv_exeext=.exe
ac_cv_path_GMSGFMT=:
ac_cv_path_MSGFMT=:
ac_cv_path_MSGMERGE=:
ac_cv_path_XGETTEXT=:
ac_cv_prog_CC=' /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include   '
ac_cv_prog_make_make_set=yes

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

ACLOCAL=''
ALLOCA=''
AUTOCONF=''
AUTOHEADER=''
BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL=''
CATOBJEXT=''
CC=' /home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/home/ericne/objdir/./prev-gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813/i686-pc-cygwin/sys-include   '
CFLAGS='-g -O2'
CPP=''
CPPFLAGS=''
DATADIRNAME=''
DEFS=''
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EGREP=''
EXEEXT=''
GENCAT=''
GLIBC21=''
GMSGFMT=':'
INCINTL=''
INSTALL_DATA='/usr/bin/install -c -m 644'
INSTALL_PROGRAM='/usr/bin/install -c'
INSTALL_SCRIPT='/usr/bin/install -c'
INSTOBJEXT=''
INTLBISON=''
INTLLIBS=''
INTLOBJS=''
INTL_LIBTOOL_SUFFIX_PREFIX=''
LDFLAGS=' '
LIBICONV=''
LIBINTL=''
LIBINTL_DEP=''
LIBOBJS=''
LIBS=''
LTLIBICONV=''
LTLIBINTL=''
LTLIBOBJS=''
MAINT=''
MKINSTALLDIRS='$(top_builddir)/../../gcc-4.5-20090813/intl/../mkinstalldirs'
MSGFMT=':'
MSGMERGE=':'
OBJEXT=''
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT=''
PACKAGE_NAME=''
PACKAGE_STRING=''
PACKAGE_TARNAME=''
PACKAGE_VERSION=''
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
POSUB=''
RANLIB='ranlib'
SET_MAKE=''
SHELL='/bin/sh'
USE_INCLUDED_LIBINTL=''
USE_NLS='yes'
XGETTEXT=':'
ac_ct_CC=''
ac_ct_RANLIB=''
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='i686-pc-cygwin'
build_alias='i686-pc-cygwin'
build_cpu=''
build_os=''
build_vendor=''
datadir='${prefix}/share'
exec_prefix='NONE'
host='i686-pc-cygwin'
host_alias='i686-pc-cygwin'
host_cpu=''
host_os=''
host_vendor=''
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${prefix}/info'
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
mandir='${prefix}/man'
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
prefix='/usr/local/gcc-4.5-20090813'
program_transform_name='s,y,y,'
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
target_alias='i686-pc-cygwin'

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""

configure: exit 1

* Re: Failure building current 4.5 snapshot on Cygwin
@ 2009-08-23 14:20 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-08-23 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC; +Cc: eric

Eric Niebler wrote:
> I am running into the same problem (cannnot build latest snapshot on cygwin). I have built and installed the latest binutils from head (see attached config.log for details). But still the build fails. Any help?

This is strange! Recent snapshots (4.3, 4.4, 4.5) build OB both on
Cygwin-1.5 and 1.7. In 1.5 I have build the same binutils of 1.7.

I configure with:

${source_dir}/configure --prefix="${prefix_dir}" \
	--exec-prefix="${eprefix_dir}" \
	--sysconfdir="${sysconf_dir}" \
	--libdir="${lib_dir}" \
	--libexecdir="${libexec_dir}" \
	--mandir="${man_dir}" \
	--infodir="${info_dir}" \
	--program-suffix="${suffix}" \
	--enable-bootstrap \
	--enable-checking=release \
	--enable-decimal-float=bid \
	--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran \
	--enable-libgomp \
	--enable-libssp \
	--enable-nls \
	--enable-threads=posix \
	--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs \
	--disable-fixed-point \
	--disable-libmudflap \
	--disable-shared \
	--disable-sjlj-exceptions \