* GCC 4.5 Status Report (2009-09-19)
@ 2009-09-19 20:57 Richard Guenther
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Richard Guenther @ 2009-09-19 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Status
======

The trunk is in Stage 1.  Stage 1 will end on Sep 30th.  After Stage 1
Stage 3 follows with only bugfixes and no new features allowed.
Stage 3 will end Nov 30th.

Since the last status report we have merged the VTA branch and pieces
of the LTO branch.  The named address-spaces changes are still pending
review but I expect it to be merged before the end of Stage 1.
The rest of the LTO branch will be merged last, which practically
means after Stage 1 is over.  Thus, starting Oct 1st the trunk will
be frozen for the LTO merge and I'll announce Stage 3 once the merge
is completed.

There are still new ports pending review and approval.  As usual
new ports can be accepted also during Stage 3.

We've been accumulating quite a number of P1 bugs.  Entering Stage 3
should allow to improve considerably here in a short time.

Quality Data
============

Priority	  #	Change from Last Report
--------	---	-----------------------
P1		 22     + 6
P2		111 	+ 7
P3		  6	+ 6
Total		139	+19

Previous Report

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-08/msg00427.html

The next report will be sent by me announcing Stage 3 begin.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@suse.de>
Novell / SUSE Labs