* How to run gcc test suite in pure mingw32 environment?
@ 2009-11-09  2:26 徐持恒
From: 徐持恒 @ 2009-11-09  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

These days, I’m trying to build gcc-4.4.2 + binutils-2.20 + gmp + mpfr in
Msys+MinGW and Cygwin environment.

The builds on both environments are OK, but I cannot run "make check", or
"make check-gcc".

Finally, I found, that, to run test, you must first install guile, autogen,
tck/tk, expect, dejagnu.
In Msys+MinGW and Cygwin environments, these tools are missing or outdated.
I spend a lot of time to have the latest versions of these packages to be
build and installed in Cygwin, with some patchs applied of course.
Sometimes, I even edit configure.ac file, and run "autoreconf" with the
newest version of autoconf, automake, libtool installed. For expect-5.43.0,
it is even necessary for Cygwin to masquerade as a linux host by specifing
"--host=i686-pc-linux", thus the configure script can run without a
complain.

Having all these tools installed, I found, most of the test results of "make
check" is "fail" in Cygwin environment.

I'm very disappointed with this.

I also spend a lot of time, trying to get these packages installed int
Msys+MinGW environment. But this is too difficult for me.

So, I want to ask, how to run gcc test suite in pure Msys+MinGW environment?

Can the Msys+MinGW use the installed tools in Cygwin to let "make check"
possible ?

Althouth the "gcc + binutils + gmp + mpfr" are ported to pure MinGW
environment, many of the dependent tools are very difficult to port to pure
MinGW environment, because they expect a linux environmemt. But I found,
newlib seems to meet their desire very well. Is't it necessary to port
newlib to pure MinGW environment ? This is much like what cygwin does, but
in a much simpler way. Just to make the necessary gnu tools to be build and
installed.

I think the test environment is very significant.

If we have test environment on Windows platform, we can greatly improve the
development process in this platform ,and ensure the quality of gcc and
companion tools on Windows. I noticed that there are also a MinGW-w64
project, if we have that test environment, we can impove it, even accelerate
it.

Chiheng Xu

Embedded OS Group,
Optical Network Product Division,
Fiberhome Telecommunication Technology Co.,Ltd.,
No.5 Dongxin Road of Guanshan Er Road,Hongshan Dist.,Wuhan,Hubei,P.R.China
Tel:    +86 27 59100296
zipcode: 430073
Email:  chhxu@fiberhome.com.cn