Hi, all I have been working on implementing a tool-set of code assistance called GCCSense, which enables code-completion for C/C++ in editors or a terminal. http://cx4a.org/software/gccsense/ GCCSense depends on its own GCC which has special options for code assistance such like -code-completion-at: $ cat #include int main() { std::string s; s. } $ # Print completion candidates at line 5 and column 7 of a.cc $ g++-code-assist -fsyntax-only -code-completion-at=a.cc:5:7 a.c Now, I have the following problems: * Hard to build that GCC for users * Hard to maintain that GCC for me Plugin might be a solution for them. Finally, however, I found that there is no proper plugin entrances for code assistance. As you may understand if you read an attached patch, GCCSense needs to handle quickly a special token for code-completion after particular tokens such as "." and "->" in parser phase. Is there any good solution for this ? Or could you implement such plugin entrances for code assistance ? Thanks. Tomohiro Matsuyama