* mach pass
@ 2010-11-05 15:00 Abdul Wahid Memon
From: Abdul Wahid Memon @ 2010-11-05 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello all

Can anyone please give me a two line description about mach pass in
GCC or any source reference for that.

Regards

Abdul

* Re: mach pass
@ 2010-11-05 15:18 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-11-05 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abdul Wahid Memon; +Cc: gcc

Abdul Wahid Memon <engrwahidmemon@gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone please give me a two line description about mach pass in
> GCC or any source reference for that.

I don't know what you mean by "mach pass".

Ian

* Re: mach pass
@ 2010-11-05 16:26   ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2010-11-05 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Abdul Wahid Memon, gcc

  On 11/05/10 09:01, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Abdul Wahid Memon<engrwahidmemon@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Can anyone please give me a two line description about mach pass in
>> GCC or any source reference for that.
> I don't know what you mean by "mach pass".
I'd hazard a guess Abdul is referring to the machine dependent reorg
pass, which has the .mach debugging dump file.

The machine dependent reorg pass is a late optimization pass (runs just
prior to delay slot filling)  that is entirely machine dependent.  It is
generally frowned upon to implement optimizations in the machine
dependent reorganization pass, though several ports now implement such
optimizations, including:

alpha, arm, avr, bfin, frv, h8300, x86, ia64, m68hc11, mcore, mep, mips,
mmix, pa, pico, s390, sh, spu, xstormy16, v850.

jeff