* Function versioning tests?
@ 2010-02-19 17:09 Ian Bolton
From: Ian Bolton @ 2010-02-19 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi there,

I've changed our private port of GCC to give versioned functions
better names (rather than T.0, T.1), and was wondering if there
are any existing tests that push function-versioning to the limit,
so I can test whether my naming scheme is sound.

Failing that, I'd appreciate some pointers on how I might make
such a test.  I know I need to be passing a constant in as a
parameter, but I don't know what other criteria are required to
make it trigger.

Cheers,
Ian

* RE: Function versioning tests?
@ 2010-02-22  9:58 ` Bingfeng Mei
From: Bingfeng Mei @ 2010-02-22  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Bolton, gcc

Hi,
GCC 4.5 already contains such patch.  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-03/msg01186.html
If you are working on 4.4 branch, you can just apply the patch without problem.

Cheers,
Bingfeng

@ 2010-02-22 11:34   ` Ian Bolton
From: Ian Bolton @ 2010-02-22 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bingfeng Mei, gcc

Hi Bingfeng.

Thanks for pointing me at that patch, but it doesn't do what I require,
which is probably fortunate because I would have wasted work otherwise!

My change incorporates the callee function name and caller function
name into the new name (e.g. bar.0.foo), so that we can trace that
name back to the original non-versioned function in the source, without
requiring additional debugging information; a standard build contains
all the info we need because it is held in the function names.

Are there any versioning tests for the patch you mention?

Cheers,
Ian