* transactional-memory status
@ 2011-11-07 22:20 Aldy Hernandez
From: Aldy Hernandez @ 2011-11-07 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, Joseph S. Myers, Richard Guenther, Jakub Jelinek
  Cc: Torvald Riegel, Richard Henderson

Dear Release Managers...

We're pretty much done with the merge blockers, and even suggestions
that weren't blockers :).  The only outstanding patch review is a
cleanup by Richard Henderson that is waiting for Richi's review here:

I am still testing some whitespace changes, but I'm fairly confident in
my ability to hit tab and space bar.

Is there anything else you require of me?

Ideally I'd like a slush, if the merge gets approved.  I would do one
last trunk->branch, test, apply the global diff to trunk, and ask for a
slush while I commit.  This is, assuming the merge is authorized.  I
could also post the last diff before the commit, if it is necessary.

What do you guys think?

* Re: transactional-memory status
@ 2011-11-08  3:44 ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2011-11-08  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aldy Hernandez
  Cc: gcc, Joseph S. Myers, Jakub Jelinek, Torvald Riegel, Richard Henderson

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh@redhat.com> wrote:
> Dear Release Managers...
>
> We're pretty much done with the merge blockers, and even suggestions that
> weren't blockers :).  The only outstanding patch review is a cleanup by
> Richard Henderson that is waiting for Richi's review here:

> I am still testing some whitespace changes, but I'm fairly confident in my
> ability to hit tab and space bar.
>
> Is there anything else you require of me?
>
> Ideally I'd like a slush, if the merge gets approved.  I would do one last
> trunk->branch, test, apply the global diff to trunk, and ask for a slush
> while I commit.  This is, assuming the merge is authorized.  I could also
> post the last diff before the commit, if it is necessary.
>
> What do you guys think?

I suppose we can freeze for the TM merge once we leave stage1 (thus,
in a few hours).
If you are ready by then, of course, and the tree isn't too broken.

Richard.

* Re: transactional-memory status
@ 2011-11-08  4:11   ` Aldy Hernandez
From: Aldy Hernandez @ 2011-11-08  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Guenther
  Cc: gcc, Joseph S. Myers, Jakub Jelinek, Torvald Riegel, Richard Henderson

> I suppose we can freeze for the TM merge once we leave stage1 (thus,
> in a few hours).
> If you are ready by then, of course, and the tree isn't too broken.
>
> Richard.

Fine by me.  In the meantime we will stabilize things on the branch,
merge from trunk, run tests, and have a patch ready to be applied to the
trunk once I get the go-ahead by you.

Thank you guys for your diligent reviews.