On Sun, 30 Oct 2022, Pali Rohár wrote: > * LD --dynamicbase is not working correctly. If used for PE executables > (not dynamic libraries) then it does *not* generate relocation info. > And without relocation info in PE binary, it is not possible to > relocate base address. Which makes dynamic base non-working. I don't know about the rest, but this one sounds familiar to me. But IIRC this one was fixed semi-recently (1-2 years ago), while making --dynamicbase the default. I think it was fixed in this binutils commit: commit 514b4e191d5f46de8e142fe216e677a35fa9c4bb Author: Jeremy Drake Date: Thu Aug 27 12:58:27 2020 +0100 Change the default characteristics of DLLs built by the linker to more secure settings. This commit is included in binutils 2.36 and later. // Martin