* qcc configuration
@ 2001-11-24  4:45 Yahya Darboe
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Yahya Darboe @ 2001-11-24  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

"Second, when configuring a native system, either cc or gcc
must be in your path or you must set CC in your environment
before running configure. Otherwise the configuration
scripts may fail."

Above, you mentioned that one must either have gcc in their
path or set cc in their environment, but you did not
specify how this can be accomplished.

I have doing many things but none of them help.
Could you please, please, help to provide me with detailed
instructions of how to have these environment set properly
so I can get Gcc compiled.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yahya

http://shopping.yahoo.com

* Re: qcc configuration
@ 2001-11-24  6:15 ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2001-11-24  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yahya Darboe; +Cc: gcc

Yahya Darboe wrote:

> Above, you mentioned that one must either have gcc in their
> path or set cc in their environment, but you did not
> specify how this can be accomplished.
>
> I have doing many things but none of them help.

You don't specify:
(1) What kind system you have - Windows NT, GNU/Linux,
VAX, ROMP, or whatever ...
(2) Whether there actually is a compiler on your system.
If you don't have a compiler somewhere, you can't compile
gcc.  in which case you should a pre-compiled binary,
if one is available.  See the web page.
--
	--Per Bothner

* Re: qcc configuration
@ 2001-11-24  6:33 ` Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci
From: Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci @ 2001-11-24  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yahya Darboe, gcc

At 16.18 30/11/01 (GMT -0800), Yahya Darboe wrote:
>"Second, when configuring a native system, either cc or gcc
>must be in your path or you must set CC in your environment
>before running configure. Otherwise the configuration
>scripts may fail."
>
>Above, you mentioned that one must either have gcc in their
>path or set cc in their environment, but you did not
>specify how this can be accomplished.
>
>I have doing many things but none of them help.
>Could you please, please, help to provide me with detailed
>instructions of how to have these environment set properly
>so I can get Gcc compiled.

I assume you're using some kind of Unix, or Cygnus if running under Windows.
If this is not true, this probably won't help you :-(

You can see what yo path is with
echo $PATH

You can check that you have gcc in your path just trying to run it.
If you get something like "gcc: No input files" you have it in your path
If you get something like "gcc: command not found" you DON'T have it in the
path.
In the latter case, you can add it to your path with
(if running sh / bash)
   PATH=$PATH:"directory where gcc is"
   export PATH

(if running csh / tcsh)
   setenv PATH $PATH:"directory where gcc is"

OR, you can set CC:
(if running sh / bash)
   CC="directory where gcc is"/gcc
   export CC

(if running csh / tcsh)
   setenv CC "directory where gcc is"/gcc

If you use cc instead of cc, just use the above instructions substituing
"cc" for "gcc" where needed.

HTH
fwyzard

* qcc configuration