* what does this word mean?
@ 2002-10-28  9:32 kong sun
From: kong sun @ 2002-10-28  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312, Size: 450 bytes --]

hi,
  I am reading some document about gcc.And the word
"libiberty" appear many times in those archives.I can
not find this word in dictionaries.What does the word
"libiberty" mean?
  thanks.
                                          swankong

ÐÂÏʵ½µ×,ÓéÀÖµ½¼Ò - ÑÅ»¢ÍƳöÃâ·ÑÓéÀÖµç×ÓÖܱ¨!
http://cn.ent.yahoo.com/newsletter/index.html

* Re: what does this word mean?
@ 2002-10-28 10:15 ` Andrea Bocci
From: Andrea Bocci @ 2002-10-28 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kong sun; +Cc: gcc

At 20.42 28/10/2002 +0800, =?gb2312?q?kong=20sun?= wrote:
>hi,
>   I am reading some document about gcc.And the word
>"libiberty" appear many times in those archives.I can
>not find this word in dictionaries.What does the word
>"libiberty" mean?
>   thanks.
>                                           swankong

libiberty is a common library used by some GNU development tools (gcc, gdb,
binutils, ...), to supply common procedure and overcome system library
problems (I think).
I guess the name comes from the way gcc is invoked to link it it, ie. gcc
... -liberty :-)

fwyzard

* Re: what does this word mean?
@ 2002-10-31 12:45 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2002-10-31 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kong sun; +Cc: gcc

On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 04:42 AM, kong sun wrote:
>   I am reading some document about gcc.And the word
> "libiberty" appear many times in those archives.I can
> not find this word in dictionaries.What does the word
> "libiberty" mean?

There is a tool call google that will answer these types of questions.
It can be found at http://www.google.com/.  When you put libiberty in
the box and hit I'm feeling lucky...  It will take you right to the
answer to your question.