* GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
@ 2012-07-07 15:14 Andreas Enge
                   ` (7 more replies)
From: Andreas Enge @ 2012-07-07 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
   http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
   sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3

Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').

The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
   http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms

In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc platforms
before the release.

Thank you very much for your help,

Andreas

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
@ 2012-07-08  8:48 ` Dongsheng Song
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Dongsheng Song @ 2012-07-08  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc

Test on secondary gcc platform i686-w64-mingw32:
GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: i686-w64-mingw32-gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.7.2
PASS: tget_version.exe
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================

Regards,
Cauchy

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Andreas Enge <andreas.enge@inria.fr> wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>    http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>    sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>
> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very
> welcome;
> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
>
> The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
>    http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
>
> In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc
> platforms
> before the release.
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> Andreas

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
@ 2012-07-08 10:32 ` Andreas Tobler
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2012-07-08 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc

On 07.07.12 17:13, Andreas Enge wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>     http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>     sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>
> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
>
> The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
>     http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
>
> In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc platforms
> before the release.
>
> Thank you very much for your help,

- powerpc64-unknown-freebsd10.0
- powerpc-unknown-freebsd10.0
- x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.0

GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.0-p10, lib 3.1.0-p10
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.2.1
PASS: tget_version
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================

All above ok.

Andreas

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
@ 2012-07-08 16:35 ` Dongsheng Song
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Dongsheng Song @ 2012-07-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc

Test on x86_64-w64-mingw32 :

GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -m64
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.7.2
PASS: tget_version.exe
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================

@ 2012-07-08 19:01   ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2012-07-08 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc

On 08.07.12 12:32, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> On 07.07.12 17:13, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
>> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>>      http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>>      sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>>
>> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
>> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
>> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
>>
>> The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
>>      http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
>>
>> In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc platforms
>> before the release.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> - powerpc64-unknown-freebsd10.0
> - powerpc-unknown-freebsd10.0
> - x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.0
>
> GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
> MPFR: include 3.1.0-p10, lib 3.1.0-p10
> MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
> C compiler: gcc
> GCC: yes
> GCC version: 4.2.1
> PASS: tget_version
> ===================
> All 64 tests passed
> ===================
>

> All above ok.

I forgot this one:

i386-unknown-freebsd10.0

also ok.

Andreas

* Re: [Mpc-discuss] GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-09  0:20 ` Sisyphus
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Sisyphus @ 2012-07-09  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Discussions around mpc, gcc

> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>   http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>   sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>
> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very
> welcome;
> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').

Builds fine ands passes all 64 tests for me on i686-pc-mingw32, though I've
tried only static builds.

32-bit:
GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.5.2

64 bit:
MPIR: include 2.5.1, lib 2.5.1
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.7.0

Math::MPC (perl) no longer builds against this library because of undefined
references to 'mpc_mul_2exp' and 'mpc_div_2exp'.
Looks like those functions are no longer present - which doesn't bother me
greatly.

Is there a list from which one can easily find *all* alterations that have
been made to the API ?

Cheers,
Rob

* GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate - Second call for help
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-13 18:39 ` Andreas Enge
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Andreas Enge @ 2012-07-13 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc

Hello,

thanks to those who sent us installation reports!

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 05:13:39PM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>    http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>    sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>
> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
>
> The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
>    http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms

Unfortunately, several primary and secondary gcc targets are still missing:
mipsis64-elf, sparc-sun-solaris2.10, hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11,
powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0, s390-linux-gnu, i686-apple-darwin.
Before the final release of GNU MPC 1.0, We would very much like to make sure
that all important gcc target platforms are covered, so your help will be
very appreciated.

Does the gcc project provide access to the platforms mentioned above? I have
an account at the gcc compile farm, but this does in particular not cover the
proprietary platforms.

Andreas

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-14 10:03 ` Mikael Pettersson
From: Mikael Pettersson @ 2012-07-14 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: mpc-discuss, gcc

Andreas Enge writes:
 > We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
 > candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
 >    http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
 >    sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
 >
 > Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
 > please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
 > and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
 >
 > The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
 >    http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
 >
 > In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc platforms
 > before the release.
 >
 > Thank you very much for your help,
 >
 > Andreas

Testing on sparc-sun-solaris2.10:

GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.7.1
PASS: tget_version
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-14 10:49 ` Mikael Pettersson
From: Mikael Pettersson @ 2012-07-14 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: mpc-discuss, gcc

Andreas Enge writes:
 > We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
 > candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
 >    http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
 >    sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
 >
 > Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
 > please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
 > and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
 >
 > The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
 >    http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
 >
 > In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc platforms
 > before the release.
 >
 > Thank you very much for your help,
 >
 > Andreas

Testing on m68k-unknown-linux-gnu:

GMP: include 5.0.4, lib 5.0.4
MPFR: include 3.1.0-p8, lib 3.1.0-p8
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.6.3
PASS: tget_version
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================

Note:
This is an emulated M68040 system, you may want to put "ARAnyM 0.9.13"
in the "Comment" field.

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-07-14 12:55 ` Jörg Richter
From: Jörg Richter @ 2012-07-14 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Andreas Enge <andreas.enge <at> inria.fr> writes:
> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>    http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>    sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>
> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
>
> The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
>    http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
>
> In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc platforms
> before the release.
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> Andreas

Testing on powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0:

@ 2012-07-16  8:39   ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2012-07-16  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Pettersson; +Cc: gcc@gnu.org >> "gcc@gnu.org"

On 07/14/2012 11:02 AM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
> Andreas Enge writes:
>  > We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
>  > candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>  >    http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>  >    sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>  >
>  > Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
>  > please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
>  > and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
>  >
>  > The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
>  >    http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
>  >
>  > In particular, we need to compile on the primary and secondary gcc platforms
>  > before the release.
>  >
>  > Thank you very much for your help,

If this works well we should change the defaults in contrib/dlownload_prerequisites.

Andrew.

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate - Second call for help
@ 2012-07-19 14:08   ` Rainer Jung
From: Rainer Jung @ 2012-07-19 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc

On 13.07.2012 20:38, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks to those who sent us installation reports!
>
> On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 05:13:39PM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first release
>> candidate for GNU MPC 1.0 at
>>     http://www.multiprecision.org/mpc/download/mpc-1.0.0rc1.tar.gz
>>     sha1sum 9acc8a54ba4ecd0ccf172c0d07fcc218220e79a3
>>
>> Reports on successful installations and potential problems are very welcome;
>> please include the configuration triple of your platform, and the gcc, gmp
>> and mpfr versions used (these are output at the end of 'make check').
>>
>> The status of successful and failed builds can be seen at
>>     http://www.multiprecision.org/index.php?prog=mpc&page=platforms
>
> Unfortunately, several primary and secondary gcc targets are still missing:
> mipsis64-elf, sparc-sun-solaris2.10, hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11,
> powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0, s390-linux-gnu, i686-apple-darwin.
> Before the final release of GNU MPC 1.0, We would very much like to make sure
> that all important gcc target platforms are covered, so your help will be
> very appreciated.

Solaris 10 Sparc

GMP: include 5.0.5, lib 5.0.5
MPFR: include 3.1.1, lib 3.1.1
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.7.1
PASS: tget_version
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================

Solaris 8 Sparc

GMP: include 5.0.1, lib 5.0.1
MPFR: include 3.0.0-p3, lib 3.0.0-p3
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.1.2
PASS: tget_version
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================

Regards,

Rainer

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate - Second call for help
@ 2012-07-17 12:06 ` Rainer Orth
From: Rainer Orth @ 2012-07-17 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Bosscher; +Cc: mpc-discuss, gcc, andreas.enge, William J. Schmidt

Steven Bosscher <stevenb.gcc@gmail.com> writes:

>> sparc-sun-solaris2.10,
>
> Perhaps Rainer Orth can help?

I see this has already been dealt with while I was away.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate - Second call for help
@ 2012-07-14 11:15 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2012-07-14 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Bosscher; +Cc: mpc-discuss, gcc

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 01:00:59AM +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Have you looked at the MAINTAINERS file and contacted some maintainers directly?

Not yet, thanks for the suggestion. So far I was hoping for volunteers (thanks
for all who replied!), later, I could also try to contact people who carried
out tests with previous versions.

> hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11,

Added, thanks!

Andreas

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate - Second call for help
@ 2012-07-14  2:50 ` William J. Schmidt
From: William J. Schmidt @ 2012-07-14  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Bosscher; +Cc: mpc-discuss, gcc, andreas.enge, Rainer Orth

On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 01:00 +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Andreas Enge wrote:
> >
> > powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0, s390-linux-gnu,
>
> Perhaps Bill Schmidt can help here?

Unfortunately not, at least not directly.  David Bernstein and Andreas
Krebbel, respectively, might be able to point you to the right people
for these targets.

Bill

* Re: GNU MPC 1.0 release candidate - Second call for help
@ 2012-07-13 23:01 Steven Bosscher
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Steven Bosscher @ 2012-07-13 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpc-discuss, gcc, andreas.enge, William J. Schmidt, Rainer Orth

Andreas Enge wrote:
> Unfortunately, several primary and secondary gcc targets are still missing:

Have you looked at the MAINTAINERS file and contacted some maintainers directly?

> mipsis64-elf,

No idea who could do this for you.

> sparc-sun-solaris2.10,

Perhaps Rainer Orth can help?

> hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11,

This passes:
make[2]: Entering directory `/extra/gnusrc/mpc-1.0.0rc1/tests'
PASS: tabs
PASS: tacos
PASS: tacosh
PASS: tadd
PASS: tadd_fr
PASS: tadd_si
PASS: tadd_ui
PASS: targ
PASS: tasin
PASS: tasinh
PASS: tatan
PASS: tatanh
PASS: tconj
PASS: tcos
PASS: tcosh
PASS: tdiv
PASS: tdiv_2si
PASS: tdiv_2ui
PASS: tdiv_fr
PASS: tdiv_ui
PASS: texp
PASS: tfma
PASS: tfr_div
PASS: tfr_sub
PASS: timag
PASS: tio_str
PASS: tlog
PASS: tlog10
PASS: tmul
PASS: tmul_2si
PASS: tmul_2ui
PASS: tmul_fr
PASS: tmul_i
PASS: tmul_si
PASS: tmul_ui
PASS: tneg
PASS: tnorm
PASS: tpow
PASS: tpow_ld
PASS: tpow_d
PASS: tpow_fr
PASS: tpow_si
PASS: tpow_ui
PASS: tpow_z
PASS: tprec
PASS: tproj
PASS: treal
PASS: treimref
PASS: tset
PASS: tsin
PASS: tsin_cos
PASS: tsinh
PASS: tsqr
PASS: tsqrt
PASS: tstrtoc
PASS: tsub
PASS: tsub_fr
PASS: tsub_ui
PASS: tswap
PASS: ttan
PASS: ttanh
PASS: tui_div
PASS: tui_ui_sub
GMP: include 4.3.2, lib 4.3.2
MPFR: include 2.4.2, lib 2.4.2
MPC: include 1.0.0rc1, lib 1.0.0rc1
C compiler: gcc
GCC: yes
GCC version: 4.1.1
PASS: tget_version
===================
All 64 tests passed
===================
make[2]: Leaving directory `/extra/gnusrc/mpc-1.0.0rc1/tests'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/extra/gnusrc/mpc-1.0.0rc1/tests'
Making check in doc
make[1]: Entering directory `/extra/gnusrc/mpc-1.0.0rc1/doc'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/extra/gnusrc/mpc-1.0.0rc1/doc'
make[1]: Entering directory `/extra/gnusrc/mpc-1.0.0rc1'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/extra/gnusrc/mpc-1.0.0rc1'
-bash-4.1$ uname -a
HP-UX hpv04 B.11.11 U 9000/785 2034672201 unlimited-user license
-bash-4.1$

> powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0, s390-linux-gnu,

Perhaps Bill Schmidt can help here?

> i686-apple-darwin.

I don't even understand why this is a primary or secondary target, so
I'd ignore it...

> Before the final release of GNU MPC 1.0, We would very much like to make
> sure that all important gcc target platforms are covered, so your help will be
> very appreciated.
>
> Does the gcc project provide access to the platforms mentioned above? I have
> an account at the gcc compile farm, but this does in particular not cover
> the proprietary platforms.

None of the above are available AFAIK.

Ciao!
Steven