Hi David, hi all, I'm working on a plugin for the analyzer, and basically I've reached a point where I need to compare svalues. For the need of my analysis, I've modified the analyzer to be able to track for region in some specific cases, so I modified the implementation of the /sm_state_map/. If anyone want to see my modifications, I would be glad to send it to you (not yet on a public repository). I'm trying to handle all the different (only defined behavior) semantically correct ways to manipulate arrays. To illustrate my words, here is an example: int t[4] = 0; t[2] = some_var; // valid and represented in GIMPLE by a single gassign stmt with LHS being an ARRAY_REF *(t+2) = some_var; // valid and represented in GIMPLE by two distincts gassign stmt with LHS_1 being a SSA_NAME and LHS_2 being a MEM_REF int *y = t + 1; *(y+1) = some_var; // valid and represented in GIMPLE by two distincts gassign stmt with LHS_1 being a SSA_NAME and LHS_2 being a MEM_REF In this example, the same memory is modified and correspond to 't[2]'. What I'm trying to do is to determine have a correlation between the region 't[2]' and the svalue '&t + 2 * sizeof(element)'. I've manage to pass from the tree '&t + 2 * sizeof(element)' to the corresponding region 't[2]' using the /ana::region_model_manager::get_element_region/ API. So that if I have the region corresponding to 't[2]' in the /sm_state_map/, it is correctly found within the inner /hash_map///. It gets weird when working from going to the tree 't[2]' to the corresponding svalue '&t + 2 * sizeof(element)'. Basically for now, I used several approaches: - I tried building the correspond tree using /buildN/ GIMPLE API and then the /ana::region_model::get_rvalue/ API, I did had a result being dumped as exactly what I needed, but the lookup (through /ana::sm_context::get_state/) within the inner /hash_map / of /sm_state_map/ was failing even though the same svalue was present in the /hash_map. /I tried to understand what was happening, and basically, it seems that the two svalues does not have the same address, though the same hash, leading to the lookup failure. - Right now, I am doing exactly the same to obtain the corresponding svalue, but instead of using /ana::sm_context::get_state/, I am iterating over all the live_values obtained through /ana::region_model::get_reachable_svalues/ until I find the same svalue in terms of semantics. Though, this is failing because there is currently no way to compare svalue's semantic. So, basically I'm kind of stuck here and I have no idea how to properly go from a tree representation to its svalue/region one. To explicit as much as possible I'm trying to do this: - Pass from 'tree t[2]' to 'svalue &t + 2 * sizeof(element)'; -> that part does not work - Pass from 'tree t + 2' to 'region t[2]'; -> that part is working Would you have any idea about an API I would have missed or anything else? I can definitely share my code if anyone want to have a look at it. Thanks for reading, Cheers, Pierrick