* new apple-ppc branch
@ 2004-03-25 22:38 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2004-03-25 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I've created an apple-ppc-branch for various work, including some
development work for better code generation on the powerpc, but also
may have other bits such as customizations of gcc for Apple customers
or compile time improvements.  The branch will be used to foster gcc
development between contributers.

Initially we plan on putting our most recent top of tree that we are
using around here on the branch.

The base for the branch was the top of tree-ssa-20020619-branch on
March 24th.

I've tagged the branch and have added it to the branch documentation.
I'll be checking in our current work to it as soon as we do one more
merge.

We'll use [apple-ppc] as the email tag.

* Re: new apple-ppc branch
@ 2004-03-26 15:30 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2004-03-26 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump; +Cc: gcc

Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> writes:

> I've created an apple-ppc-branch for various work, including some
> development work for better code generation on the powerpc, but also
> may have other bits such as customizations of gcc for Apple customers
> or compile time improvements.  The branch will be used to foster gcc
> development between contributers.
>
> Initially we plan on putting our most recent top of tree that we are
> using around here on the branch.
>
> The base for the branch was the top of tree-ssa-20020619-branch on
> March 24th.
>
> I've tagged the branch and have added it to the branch documentation.
> I'll be checking in our current work to it as soon as we do one more
> merge.
>
> We'll use [apple-ppc] as the email tag.

Please update the web pages with this information and include also the
commit rules that apply,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
  SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: new apple-ppc branch
@ 2004-03-26 23:20   ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2004-03-26 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Jaeger; +Cc: gcc

On Thursday, March 25, 2004, at 11:27  PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> I've tagged the branch and have added it to the branch documentation.
>
> Please update the web pages with this information

They had already been updated before I sent my first email.  If there
were any bits that I missed, let me know.

> and include also the commit rules that apply,

?  What more would you like to see?  Apple people can commit to it.
Others can commit to it as blessed by Apple people.  Those that can
commit to it are expected to know the rules, some of the rules are
works in progress.

Most good code submitted by others should be submitted to mainline.

* Re: new apple-ppc branch
@ 2004-03-31 11:09 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2004-03-31 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump; +Cc: gcc

On Thursday, March 25, 2004, at 12:40 PM, Mike Stump wrote:
> Initially we plan on putting our most recent top of tree that we are
> using around here on the branch.

Ok. This has been done.  The branch is now open [ to those that know
the secret hand shake], let the games begin.