* Write rights to commit to GCC
@ 2013-07-22  9:07 Evgeny Gavrin
From: Evgeny Gavrin @ 2013-07-22  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: GarbuzovViacheslav

Hi, all!

Earlier we (Samsung R&D Institute Rus) proposed to implement OpenACC for
GCC: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-05/msg00060.html

We got our assignment form, now. I can attach signed and approved pdf,
if needed.

What should we do to get rights to create branch for OpenACC and submit
a few patches to mainline? Like this one:

   Evgeny.

* Re: Write rights to commit to GCC
@ 2013-07-22  9:26 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2013-07-22  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evgeny Gavrin; +Cc: gcc, GarbuzovViacheslav

On 07/22/2013 10:07 AM, Evgeny Gavrin wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> Earlier we (Samsung R&D Institute Rus) proposed to implement OpenACC for
> GCC: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-05/msg00060.html
>
> We got our assignment form, now. I can attach signed and approved pdf,
> if needed.
>
> What should we do to get rights to create branch for OpenACC and submit
> a few patches to mainline? Like this one:

I'm sorry, we're just being a little slow.  You posted your patch a
day before Americans were going away for their big holiday.  Not a
good excuse, I know, but probably true.

Have a look in the MAINTAINERS file at the list of people who are
responsible for the are you patched.  Find the right person, and
mail them directly.  Remind them of your patch.

Andrew.

* Re: Write rights to commit to GCC
@ 2013-07-22 15:38 ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2013-07-22 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evgeny Gavrin; +Cc: gcc, GarbuzovViacheslav

On 07/22/2013 03:07 AM, Evgeny Gavrin wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> Earlier we (Samsung R&D Institute Rus) proposed to implement OpenACC for
> GCC: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-05/msg00060.html
>
> We got our assignment form, now. I can attach signed and approved pdf,
> if needed.
>
> What should we do to get rights to create branch for OpenACC and submit
> a few patches to mainline? Like this one:

See:

Get an account on gcc.gnu.org/sourcware.org via this form, with my email
as approving the request and "gcc" as the project.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

You'll want to review this page as well.

http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html

Note there were two good BOF sessions at the GNU Cauldron last week on
accelerator support in GCC.  I would strongly suggest you get in contact
with folks from those sessions.  Recordings of those sessions ought to
show up relatively soon if they haven't already.

* Re: Write rights to commit to GCC
@ 2013-07-22 16:18   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2013-07-22 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Evgeny Gavrin; +Cc: gcc, GarbuzovViacheslav

Jeff Law wrote:
> On 07/22/2013 03:07 AM, Evgeny Gavrin wrote:
>> Earlier we (Samsung R&D Institute Rus) proposed to implement OpenACC for
>> GCC: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-05/msg00060.html
>> We got our assignment form, now.

Great! I am looking forward to the implementation!

I assume that you only target OpenACC support for C/C++ and not for
Fortran, do you?

> Note there were two good BOF sessions at the GNU Cauldron last week on
> accelerator support in GCC.  I would strongly suggest you get in contact
> with folks from those sessions.  Recordings of those sessions ought to
> show up relatively soon if they haven't already.

The only BoF I know about is Torvald's
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-06/msg00226.html ; it's also the only one
listed in the schedule/abstract at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cauldron2013
Was the second one a follow up - or dit it focus on something else?

BTW: The Cauldron 2013 recordings haven't shown up at YouTube, yet.

Tobias

* Re: Write rights to commit to GCC
@ 2013-07-22 16:59     ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2013-07-22 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Burnus; +Cc: Evgeny Gavrin, gcc, GarbuzovViacheslav

On 07/22/2013 10:18 AM, Tobias Burnus wrote:

>> Note there were two good BOF sessions at the GNU Cauldron last week on
>> accelerator support in GCC.  I would strongly suggest you get in contact
>> with folks from those sessions.  Recordings of those sessions ought to
>> show up relatively soon if they haven't already.
>
> The only BoF I know about is Torvald's
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-06/msg00226.html ; it's also the only one
> listed in the schedule/abstract at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cauldron2013
> Was the second one a follow up - or dit it focus on something else?
>
> BTW: The Cauldron 2013 recordings haven't shown up at YouTube, yet.
The second was a follow-up, also led by Torvald.

jeff

* Re: Write rights to commit to GCC
@ 2013-07-23  6:26     ` Evgeny Gavrin
From: Evgeny Gavrin @ 2013-07-23  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Burnus; +Cc: gcc, GarbuzovViacheslav

> I assume that you only target OpenACC support for C/C++ and not for
> Fortran, do you?
Actually, Fortran is in our checklist, too.

> BTW: The Cauldron 2013 recordings haven't shown up at YouTube, yet.
It would be great to see them!

   Evgeny.