* load reverse
@ 2013-08-08 11:59 sravan megan
From: sravan megan @ 2013-08-08 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi All,

   I am new to GCC. I was working in an Embedded processor with
GCC-4.6.4 version.

   I need to add load/store reverse instructions to the MD file.

   My instructions will look as below:

   LWX Rd,Ra,Rb

    operation: Addr := Ra + Rb
                    Rd := *Addr    (loading data with the opposite endianness)

      SWX Rd,Ra,Rb

     operation: Addr := Ra + Rb
                    *Addr := Rd    (storing data with the opposite endianness)

    To add the above instructions in to md file I tried below pattern in md file

     (define_insn "movsi_rev"
  [(set (match_operand:SI 0 "nonimmediate_operand" "=d,m")
        (bswap: SI (match_operand:SI 1 "move_src_operand"         "m,d")))]
  ""
  "@
   lwx\t%0,%1,%0
   swx\t%0,%1,%0"
  [(set_attr "type"     "load,store")
  (set_attr "mode"      "SI")
  (set_attr "length"    "4,4")])

   I wrote a small testcase which is generating swx instruction but
the operands are more due to which it is failing in assembler phase

ex:
int store_rev(int *n)
{
  return ((((*n) & 0xff000000) >> 24)
            | (((*n) & 0x00ff0000) >>  8)
            | (((*n) & 0x0000ff00) <<  8)
            | (((*n) & 0x000000ff) << 24));

}

for the above store_rev function I need to generate only single swx instruction.
I was successful in generating the swx instruction but instead of 3
registers compiler is generating one extra operand "0"  swx r0,r2,0,r0

   ex: instead of swx r0,r2,r0 it is generating swx r0,r2,0,r0

can anyone please help me in removing the extra operand in the above
instruction.

Thanks,
Sravan

* Re: load reverse
@ 2013-08-12  4:22 ` sravan megan
From: sravan megan @ 2013-08-12  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Anyone please help me to get out of this issue

Thanks,
Sravan

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM, sravan megan <sravan22021987@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    I am new to GCC. I was working in an Embedded processor with
> GCC-4.6.4 version.
>
>    I need to add load/store reverse instructions to the MD file.
>
>    My instructions will look as below:
>
>    LWX Rd,Ra,Rb
>
>     operation: Addr := Ra + Rb
>                     Rd := *Addr    (loading data with the opposite endianness)
>
>       SWX Rd,Ra,Rb
>
>      operation: Addr := Ra + Rb
>                     *Addr := Rd    (storing data with the opposite endianness)
>

>     To add the above instructions in to md file I tried below pattern in md file
>
>      (define_insn "movsi_rev"
>   [(set (match_operand:SI 0 "nonimmediate_operand" "=d,m")
>         (bswap: SI (match_operand:SI 1 "move_src_operand"         "m,d")))]
>   ""
>   "@
>    lwx\t%0,%1,%0
>    swx\t%0,%1,%0"
>   [(set_attr "type"     "load,store")
>   (set_attr "mode"      "SI")
>   (set_attr "length"    "4,4")])
>

>    I wrote a small testcase which is generating swx instruction but
> the operands are more due to which it is failing in assembler phase
>
> ex:
> int store_rev(int *n)
> {
>   return ((((*n) & 0xff000000) >> 24)
>             | (((*n) & 0x00ff0000) >>  8)
>             | (((*n) & 0x0000ff00) <<  8)
>             | (((*n) & 0x000000ff) << 24));
>
> }
>
> for the above store_rev function I need to generate only single swx instruction.
> I was successful in generating the swx instruction but instead of 3
> registers compiler is generating one extra operand "0"  swx r0,r2,0,r0
>
>    ex: instead of swx r0,r2,r0 it is generating swx r0,r2,0,r0
>
> can anyone please help me in removing the extra operand in the above
> instruction.
>
> Thanks,
> Sravan

* Re: load reverse
@ 2013-08-12  8:28   ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2013-08-12  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sravan megan; +Cc: gcc

On 08/12/2013 05:22 AM, sravan megan wrote:
> Anyone please help me to get out of this issue

It's hard for anyone to do that because we don't have your code.
Did you step through insn-output.c with GDB when compiling your
test case?  What happened?

Andrew.