* Installing GCC: Final installation
@ 2001-04-26 11:31 Post, Mark K
From: Post, Mark K @ 2001-04-26 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

It's kind of hard to believe that no one's reported this before, but I don't
see
my system on http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.95/buildstat.html , so, here goes:

root@lxslack1:/tmp/gcc-2.95.2# ./config.guess
s390-unknown-linux-gnu

Mark Post

* Re: Installing GCC: Final installation
@ 2001-05-12  0:03 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-05-12  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Post, Mark K; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Post, Mark K wrote:
> It's kind of hard to believe that no one's reported this before, but I don't
> see
> my system on http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.95/buildstat.html , so, here goes:
>
> root@lxslack1:/tmp/gcc-2.95.2# ./config.guess
> s390-unknown-linux-gnu

Thanks for letting us know, I just added this to the page.

Gerald

* Re: Installing GCC: Final installation
@ 2001-05-12  4:05   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-05-12  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Post, Mark K; +Cc: gcc

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>> It's kind of hard to believe that no one's reported this before, but I don't
>> see
>> my system on http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.95/buildstat.html , so, here goes:
>>
>> root@lxslack1:/tmp/gcc-2.95.2# ./config.guess
>> s390-unknown-linux-gnu
> Thanks for letting us know, I just added this to the page.

According to Andreas Jäger s390-unknown-linux-gnu definitely is not
supported by GCC 2.95.x (and definitely won't work), so I undid my
change.

Are you sure you successfully built GCC 2.95.x and used it on this
platform?

Gerald

* Re: Installing GCC: Final installation
@ 2001-05-12  4:39     ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2001-05-12  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Post, Mark K, gcc