* enumerators in generic tree
@ 2017-03-31 16:25 Joachim Ullrich
From: Joachim Ullrich @ 2017-03-31 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I got the hint, that gcc-help might not be the best mailing list for my
issue, therefor I post it here again (sorry for double-posting):

I work on a gcc plugin which provides a dependency model of the compiled
sources.
The information is derived by walking the generic tree and collecting
declarations of and references to all symbols. This works astonishingly
good except for enumerators.

Enumerators are replaced by its constant value in a very early pass. The
output generated by -fdump-tree-original doesn't show enumerator symbols
but the constant value.

My question: is there an option to postpone the replacement of
enumerators. I.e. to represent the enumerator as a CONST_DECL node
instead of an INTEGER_CST node in the AST?
If there is no option, are there any other suggestions to solve the
problem up to "patch" the gcc code?

Currently I am using gcc 4.8.2.

Thanks
Joachim

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-31 16:25 UTC | newest]