From: Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com>
To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>,
	       James Y Knight	<foom@fuhm.net>
Cc: "gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: RE: Long-term plan for C++98/C++11 incompatibility
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 06:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Gabriel Dos Reis [gdr@integrable-solutions.net] wrote:
> I was under the impression c++0x was explicitly documented as experimental.

Yes. But I hope that some thought is devoted to figuring out how this problem
can be dealt with when c++11 support is transitioned to a fully supported feature.
Eventually there would need to be one libstdc++ that programs link against and
run whether they use c++98 or c++11. I would expect there to be restrictions,
but it's a problem that eventually needs to be tackled.