On 31/08/2004, at 2:42 AM, Arnaud Charlet wrote: >> My proposal is to disable Ada in the toplevel configure for >> tru64-alpha, and fix the bug. I would do this in mainline; Mark may >> choose to do this in 3.4 as well, since the bug is targeted at 3.4.3. >> >> Any objections? If you do have objections, are you willing and able >> to >> debug the problem? If so, when would you expect to be able to do it? > > I must say I can't find from the bugzilla comments what is the > relationship > between this PR and Ada builds, in particular since this PR seems to > be g++ specific. > > In any case, if the issue is related to PCH on alpha-tru64, then we > should > disable pch on alpha-tru64, and not Ada. No, the problem is not related to PCH on Alpha-tru64. I don't know if PCH even works on that platform. I would characterise the problem as "I made some change to GCC and it triggered a latent bug on Alpha-tru64." > In general I would object to disabling Ada on alpha-tru64 on these > grounds, > this will only give this PR an even lower priority. > > Now, I feel that I do not all the information at hand, so more > justification > would be needed here to help me understand the issue at hand (and once > I understand the issue better, I'd guess there will be better > solutions than > simply disabling Ada). The problem is that when you apply the patch from bugzilla, which is not specific to either Ada, C++, or Tru64, the bootstrap failure described in 13750 appears, a miscompare in Ada. So, Arnaud, do you have access to an Alpha-tru64 system with Ada? Would you be willing to investigate this bug?