* example GCC plugins?
@ 2020-03-20  7:11 Basile Starynkevitch
From: Basile Starynkevitch @ 2020-03-20  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello list,

Does the GCC community consider adding example plugins in the next
release of GCC?

I would be happy (and I could get funded to, e.g. by CHARIOT
<https://www.chariotproject.eu/>) to contribute one (of course GPLv3+
licensed, and FSF copyrighted). But before really starting coding it, I
need (in particular for funding organizations, notably H2020
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framework_Programmes_for_Research_and_Technological_Development#Horizon_2020>)
to have some assurance that my plugin might be incorporated in the next
GCC release.

(BTW, I was the GCC MELT <http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/gcc-melt/>
guy, and actively contributed, with Jérémie Salvucci, to GCC plugin
infrastructure)

The plugin I have in mind would embed some Turing complete interpreter
with sqlite <https://sqlite.org/> and JSONRPC <https://www.jsonrpc.org/>
abilities or HTTPS REST abilities (I started clips-rules-gcc
<https://github.com/bstarynk/clips-rules-gcc>, but I tend to believe
that rewriting something from scratch, above GCC garbage collection,
would be easier). This in relation with Bismon
<https://github.com/bstarynk/bismon/> (a GPLv3+ software described here
<http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/bismon-chariot-doc.pdf>).

Funding agencies and employer won't allow me to code a plugin which has
absolutely no change to be used.

Cheers

--
Basile STARYNKEVITCH   == http://starynkevitch.net/Basile
opinions are mine only - les opinions sont seulement miennes

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-20  7:11 UTC | newest]