Hi, As stated in the comments of riscv_print_operand (the latest version of gcc/config/riscv/riscv.cc), the RISCV-specific operand code 'A', which is used in the implementation of 'atomic_cas_value_strong' in sync.md, is the atomic operation suffix for memory model OP. However, only '.aq' is considered in the current implementation: case 'A': if (riscv_memmodel_needs_amo_acquire ((enum memmodel) INTVAL (op))) fputs (".aq", file); break; Currently, we cannot add '.rl' to the function like atomic_compare_exchange_weak_release in glibc. I think we should also take '.rl' & '.aqrl' into consideration. The correct implementation in my understanding should be: case 'A': if (riscv_memmodel_needs_amo_acquire_release ((enum memmodel) INTVAL (op))) fputs (".aqrl", file); else if (riscv_memmodel_needs_amo_acquire ((enum memmodel) INTVAL (op))) fputs (".aq", file); else if (riscv_memmodel_needs_amo_release ((enum memmodel) INTVAL (op))) fputs (".rl", file); break; Did I get it wrong? I'd appreciate it if you could explain it for me. Thanks Xuezheng