Hi, I have been working on a conditional gcov patch, that calls a function everytime the gcov counter is to be modified, so the function can decide how to increment the counter. The function's prototype is : void __gcov_ctr(gcov_type*) ; where gcov_type would be, for example, long long depending on the architecture. This would be useful for kernel coverage instrumentation (eg) tracking the coverage of only a particular pid, or for implementing atomic counters per cpu, and probably for many others. The libgcov could have a weak default implementation which increments the counter by 1 as usual, and those wanting to add their own implementation could do so. (Suggested by Peter Oberparleiter). I am attaching a patch. Please comment. Regards, Hayawardh