On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 04:04 PM, Daniel Berlin wrote: >> >> Sure, we can try using different allocation schemes to achieve better >> compile >> time performance. But this approach is like -- earn more money and >> allocate >> funds in better way to meet the budget. I am thinking in terms, can >> we reduce >> expenditure ? > > By the by, did you mark the TREE_CODE_read function as const/pure (i'm > not sure tree_code's aren't modified in place, if they are, it's both, > if they aren't, it's at least one of them), so that it accurately > simulates the macro in terms of actual accesses? > Well, TREE_CODE_read() name is misleading. It is recording read as well as write accesses. -Devang