* Support for VLE code in PowerPC
@ 2009-12-01  4:02 Kaushik M Phatak
From: Kaushik M Phatak @ 2009-12-01  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, binutils

Hi,

Based on the following conversations in binutils and gcc mailing
list, we understand that there is no support for VLE code for PowerPC
port.
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-05/msg00153.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-04/msg00201.html

We are planning to support the same in binutils, gcc and newlib.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions to implement this support
for easier FSF approval.

Thanks,
Kaushik Phatak

* Re: Support for VLE code in PowerPC
@ 2009-12-01 10:33 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2009-12-01 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushik M Phatak; +Cc: gcc, binutils

Hi Kaushik,

> We are planning to support the same in binutils, gcc and newlib.
> Please let us know if you have any suggestions to implement this support
> for easier FSF approval.

Please make sure that you have an FSF Binutils Copyright assignment in
place.

Please follow the GNU Coding Standards:
   http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnustandards

Please try to include one or more assembler test cases to check the
assembly and disassembly of the new instructions.

Cheers
   Nick