* Re: gcc Bugzilla corrupt again?
@ 2017-11-23  8:57 Andrew Roberts
From: Andrew Roberts @ 2017-11-23  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Its not my first bug, I've had plenty. But the first since the last
bugzilla crash a couple of months ago.
Perhaps the recovery from that altered the default or changed my account
setup. I've now reset it.

Part of my last bug was lost in the last crash, so I was just feeling
paranoid.

Thanks

Andrew

* Re: gcc Bugzilla corrupt again?
@ 2017-11-23  8:18 ` Freddie Chopin
From: Freddie Chopin @ 2017-11-23  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Thu, 2017-11-23 at 06:51 +0000, Andrew Roberts wrote:
> But I've never seen it take me to a different bug after adding a
> comment
> before.

From my experience, this is normal - after you perform any operation on
particular bug, it then takes you to the next bug on your "my bugs"
list. Probably it did not happen to you in the past, as you had only
one bug on that list.

But I agree that this is extremely confusing behaviour...

Regards,
FCh

* Re: gcc Bugzilla corrupt again?
@ 2017-11-23  7:45   ` Marc Glisse
From: Marc Glisse @ 2017-11-23  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey Walton; +Cc: Andrew Roberts, GCC Development

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Andrew Roberts <andrewm.roberts@sky.com> wrote:
>> I was adding a comment to bug:
>>
>> 81616 - Update -mtune=generic for the current Intel and AMD processors
>>
>> After clicking add comment it took me an an entirely different bug.
>>
>> I tried to add the comment again, and got a message about a "Mid Air
>> Collision"
>>
>> The comment ended up the system twice (Comment 4/5).
>>
>> But I've never seen it take me to a different bug after adding a comment
>> before.
>
> The "take me to a different bug" after submitting been happening for a while.

In preferences, you get to choose the behavior "After changing a bug".
Default is "Show next bug in my list".

--
Marc Glisse

* Re: gcc Bugzilla corrupt again?
@ 2017-11-23  7:31 ` Jeffrey Walton
From: Jeffrey Walton @ 2017-11-23  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Roberts; +Cc: GCC Development

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Andrew Roberts <andrewm.roberts@sky.com> wrote:
> I was adding a comment to bug:
>
> 81616 - Update -mtune=generic for the current Intel and AMD processors
>
> After clicking add comment it took me an an entirely different bug.
>
> I tried to add the comment again, and got a message about a "Mid Air
> Collision"
>
> The comment ended up the system twice (Comment 4/5).
>
> But I've never seen it take me to a different bug after adding a comment
> before.

The "take me to a different bug" after submitting been happening for a while.

I don't think anything is corrupt. Its probably closer to unwanted
behavior. Or maybe its intended behavior like the MOTD messages.

Jeff

* gcc Bugzilla corrupt again?
@ 2017-11-23  6:51 Andrew Roberts