* "Requested array too large for target"
@ 2001-09-15  4:41 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2001-09-15  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: gcc

I sent email about this recently, but it might have gotten lost due to
the telecommunicatiosn disruption in NYC since I didn't see any response.

I'd like to understand reasoning behind the quoted error message.  What is
the problem with a *type* (as opposed to an object) whose size overflows?

This causes problems with Ada and I think I also saw another issue raised
with this change.

* Re: "Requested array too large for target"
@ 2001-09-27 20:12 ` law
From: law @ 2001-09-27 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Kenner; +Cc: gcc

  In message < 10109151147.AA04514@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu >you write:
  > I sent email about this recently, but it might have gotten lost due to
  > the telecommunicatiosn disruption in NYC since I didn't see any response.
Sorry.  I'd been on vacation for a couple weeks, then on a business trip
for the last week.  Unfortunately, I didn't have an auto-responder in
place.

I think Jason picked this up while I was away.  Has he addressed your
questions and concerns.

jeff

* Re: "Requested array too large for target"
@ 2001-09-28  4:39 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2001-09-28  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: gcc

    I think Jason picked this up while I was away.  Has he addressed your
    questions and concerns.

We've been discussing it.  I don't think any changes have been made yet.