From: "Charlton Barreto" <cbarreto@inprise.com>
To: Marchelm Bomers <Marchelm.Bomers@its.monash.edu.au>,
	egcs@egcs.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: egcs installation
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 16:31:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Marchelm,

Since it seems you were able to build egcs-1.1.2 on DEC alpha
OSF/1 4.0e, I wanted to ask how you configured it to do so;
i.e.:
 - what compiler on the alpha did you use to build egcs?
 - what compiler flags did you use with that compiler?
 - did you use GNU as and ld, or /usr/ccs/bin{as,ld} on the
alpha?
 - did you pass any flags to 'configure' when you ran it?
The reason I am asking is that I am trying to build egcs 1.1.2
on DEC alpha OSF/1 4.0a, and I keep running into nasty problems
such as ld crashing due to a memory fault. I am wondering what I
am missing in my environment to make this build successfully,
and was hoping you had some info that could help me out.

Thanks for your time and help,

-C.

>The egcs project
>
>In case you are unaware, I have managed to install egcs 1.1.2
on a Digital alpha
>running Digital Unix v4.0e thus:
>   #egcs-1.1.2/config.guess
>   alphaev5-dec-osf4.0e
>
>Note that in my case, for a successful build, I needed to
delete the old
>"g++-include" library (gcc 2.7.2.2). This may not be an
absolute neccessity but
>I am not a qualified programmer and I found that it worked that
way ... so I did
>it!
>
>Marchelm Bomers
>--
>Marchelm Bömers  B.Sc
>Unix Programmer/Administrator/Postmaster
>Monash University, IT Services, Gippsland Campus
>Northways Rd., Churchill, Victoria 3842, Australia
>
>Phone: (03) 51226963    Fax: (03) 51226719  (local)
>Phone: +61 3 51226963   Fax: +61 3 51226719 (national)
>Email: Marchelm.Bomers@its.monash.edu.au

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: "Charlton Barreto" <cbarreto@inprise.com>
To: Marchelm Bomers <Marchelm.Bomers@its.monash.edu.au>,
	egcs@egcs.cygnus.com
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 21:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]