From: "Fu, Chao-Ying" <fu@mips.com>
To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford@googlemail.com>,
	       Maxim Kuvyrkov	<maxim@codesourcery.com>
Cc: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka@ucw.cz>,
	       "gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: RE: [GCC Steering Committee] Android sub-port reviewer
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 20:55:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 11:45 AM
> To: Maxim Kuvyrkov
> Cc: Richard Earnshaw; Jan Hubicka; gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: [GCC Steering Committee] Android sub-port reviewer
>
> Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim@codesourcery.com> writes:
> > On 29/03/2012, at 5:38 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> >
> >> I volunteer as the reviewer for Android sub-port.
> >>
> >> Android/Bionic support is an extension over Linux port and
> is being gradually added for more and more architectures.  I
> wrote the original Android GCC support for ARM (under a
> watchful design eye of Joseph Myers), and know how the bits
> fit together.
> >>
> >> As adding Android support to a new architecture requires
> changes to that architecture, the architecture maintainer
> will have the power of veto for the Android-related changes.
> >
> > One of the members of SC raised a good point about whether
> architecture maintainers would prefer to handle the Android
> patches themselves.  My intention is to spare you the
> additional headache of dealing with Android, but, well, maybe
> you like it :-).
> >
> > Richard E.,
> > Jan,
> > Richard S.,
> >
> > Do you want to handle Android changes by yourself or do you
> want to delegate?
>
> Having a separate maintainer of MIPS Android sounds good to me too
> (and thanks for asking).  As Richard E says, we should
> probably coordinate
> any changes to the generic MIPS files, but I wouldn't know
> what's right
> for Android-specific stuff.
>
> Richard

Hi All,

  We did the MIPS Android port, and here is the change that we submitted to googlesource.
https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/34000/

  Please check this file: 0007-gcc-mips.patch under ndk/build/tools/toolchain-patches/gcc after
"git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk"
(Or, https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/34000/2/build/tools/toolchain-patches/gcc/0007-gcc-mips.patch)

  It basically sets the MIPS target to little-endian MIPS32 for mips-linux-android.
Also, it changes the GCC driver for MIPS Android.
For MIPS Android unwinding supports, we add __BIONIC__ check to compile unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c.

  We will be glad to help to merge code to GCC mainline.  Thanks!

Regards,
Chao-ying