* make bootstrap and make not working for gcc-4.4.1
@ 2009-09-04 14:28 Margaret Doll
From: Margaret Doll @ 2009-09-04 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I need help in installing gcc in /usr/local.

After configuring gcc in /usr/local/gcc-4.4.1/objdir using

../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --enable-threads=[osix --enable-
shared --enable-languages=c++,java --enable-bootstrap

I try

make bootstrap
make:  ** No rule to make target 'bootstrp'.  Stop
make
	ends in

/bin/sh:  line1:  build/genmodes:  No such file or directlry
make:  ***[s-modes-h] Error 127

I need the gcj compiler for some software that I am trying to install.

The system is a RedHat system running:  2.4.21-58ELsmp

I have installed redhat-java-rpm-scripts-1.0.2-2
	gcc-3.2.3-59
	texinfo-4.9
	mpfr-2.4.1
	gmp-4.1.2-6