* Port to Stratus FTX on PA-RISC 1.1
@ 2000-06-29  0:17 Chris Dulya
From: Chris Dulya @ 2000-06-29  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I made port of gcc 2.95.2 (including all languages) to the
system Stratus FTX 3.4 with PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 processors.
The port is not to complicated and only involves the addition
and modification of a few files (See list below).  The new
files are copies of existing files that I wanted to separate
out to keep the changes that I made isolated.
Because gas is not ready for the system and I did not port it,
gcc can not compile code with debugging info.

Are you interested?

-Chris Dulya

MODIFIED FILES:
gcc-2.95.2/gcc/ginclude/va-pa.h
gcc-2.95.2/gcc/java/Makefile.in
gcc-2.95.2/gcc/configure
gcc-2.95.2/config.guess
gcc-2.95.2/Makefile.in

NEW FILES:
gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config/pa/pa-ftx.h
gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config/pa/xm-pa-ftx.h
gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config/t-svr4-ftx
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify it to Sema Group sae Helpdesk by telephone on number
+34 91 4408888.

* Re: Port to Stratus FTX on PA-RISC 1.1
@ 2000-06-29  1:11 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-06-29  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher.Dulya; +Cc: gcc

> I made port of gcc 2.95.2 (including all languages) to the
> system Stratus FTX 3.4 with PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 processors.
> The port is not to complicated and only involves the addition
> and modification of a few files (See list below).  The new
> files are copies of existing files that I wanted to separate
> out to keep the changes that I made isolated.
> Because gas is not ready for the system and I did not port it,
> gcc can not compile code with debugging info.
>
> Are you interested?

I don't use this system personally - this is the first time I've heard
of it. Still, if there are other users of it that may be interested in
running gcc, it probably would be in their interest to integrate this
code into gcc. Please send a patch and a ChangeLog entry to
gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org. Ideally, that patch would be relative to the
current CVS (or a recent snapshot), in case your 2.95.2 patches don't
apply cleanly.

Please be aware that you'd have to assign the copyright for these
changes to the FSF - you can find the relevant forms on the gcc web
site.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. Please note that I would not be the one that ultimately decides
on integrating your patches; since you did not include them in this
message, it may be that they introduce technical problems that would
need to be resolved before integration.

* Re: Port to Stratus FTX on PA-RISC 1.1
@ 2000-06-29  8:38 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-06-29  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Dulya; +Cc: gcc

  In message < 395AF871.4865FBD4@sema.es >you write:

  > Hi,
  >
  > I made port of gcc 2.95.2 (including all languages) to the
  > system Stratus FTX 3.4 with PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 processors.
  > The port is not to complicated and only involves the addition
  > and modification of a few files (See list below).  The new
  > files are copies of existing files that I wanted to separate
  > out to keep the changes that I made isolated.
  > Because gas is not ready for the system and I did not port it,
  > gcc can not compile code with debugging info.
  >
  > Are you interested?
Possibly.  However, much of the code you're twiddling has changed since
gcc-2.95.2; you will need to update your patches to work with the current
development sources.

There's other stuff (copyright assignments & employer disclaimers) that you
will need to fill out before we can do anything with your changes.

http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

  > gcc-2.95.2/gcc/java/Makefile.in
  > gcc-2.95.2/Makefile.in
This worries me.  New ports should not need to modify those files.

  > This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individua
  > l to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those
  >  of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
  > If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received th
  > is email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
  >  copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this em
  > ail in error please notify it to Sema Group sae Helpdesk by telephone on nu
  > mber
Err, is this really reasonable to include on a message sent to a public list
that is archived for the world to see?

jeff